SAIA | New Trucking division??

No and its hard to believe. I had a customer not long ago that wanted to ship large amounts by us and my TM told them NO WAY. The price would be too high. Its funny though. Most other LTL's have a truckload division. Why does Saia wait so long to do these things?

Truckload

Freight Too High If The Customer Wants To Pay For It Let Them.that Load Could Mean The Difference Of A Line Haul Guy Sitting At Home Making No Money.

it is not an asset division. it is to help fill empty miles for a large customer of theirs who has their own fleet. so a partnership. they give saia ltl. saia helps them fill backhaul empty miles by asking the sales dept to sell truckload.

Freight Too High If The Customer Wants To Pay For It Let Them.that Load Could Mean The Difference Of A Line Haul Guy Sitting At Home Making No Money.

If that is a backhaul lane, it would be better to haul truckload than run "airfreight". We've been doing enough sitting home anyway.

I kinda wonder if we are trying to do longhaul now. At least that's what is being advertized when we have to sit and listen to the exploits of our fellow employees.

I heard they are starting up truckload long haul division just like conway!! They got new trucks with refrigerators and microwaves in them!! Oh and of course satellite tracking!! There is one in DLS!!

we run a few truckloads every now and then out of GVL. we linehaul it like normal though. why would a TM tell a customer no truckloads? it is a much higher rate, but like was stated earlier if the customer wants to pay it...who cares? hell there is even a 1 800 number for customers to call and get a truckload quote.

I heard they are starting up truckload long haul division just like conway!! They got new trucks with refrigerators and microwaves in them!! Oh and of course satellite tracking!! There is one in DLS!!

I'll bet it's one of those white sleeper trucks, huh? As if the truckload segment doesn't already have enough competition.

As for satellite tracking, if they start that mess then how long before it comes into the daycabs and ltl sleeper runs?:chairshot:

After that debacle trying to turn Jevic into something it wasn't meant to be, you'd think our leaders would have learned their lesson.

I guess next thing is to establish a subsidiary in Mexico so we can take advantage of cross border business. Or maybe that's what some of the "purchased transportation" is in disguise.:smilie_132:

Maybe more runs to ELP,LAR,SDO, HRL, and any other border town. Howz about a cross border terminal in Del Rio, TX?

According to the company website, there is truckload in selected lanes "depending on the volume" of traffic. Backhaul anyone?

Truckload division.....hmmm.....now that would be novel. That would fit in real well with the company not wanting the drivers to wait on the customer to get the freight ready.:chairshot:

I'll bet it's one of those white sleeper trucks, huh? As if the truckload segment doesn't already have enough competition.

As for satellite tracking, if they start that mess then how long before it comes into the daycabs and ltl sleeper runs?:chairshot:

After that debacle trying to turn Jevic into something it wasn't meant to be, you'd think our leaders would have learned their lesson.

I guess next thing is to establish a subsidiary in Mexico so we can take advantage of cross border business. Or maybe that's what some of the "purchased transportation" is in disguise.:smilie_132:

Maybe more runs to ELP,LAR,SDO, HRL, and any other border town. Howz about a cross border terminal in Del Rio, TX?

Be careful there BT. Everyone else has been driving nails on the board very close to the very nail you are hammering on. I think you have a very good clue as to what is happening. Saia is not know for doing things to enhance better business.They focus on their image to the insurance company for money saving purposes and TELLING customers that every move is to better the service Saia can give. Thats all BULLCRAP. Saia does not want to make money, they want to save money. Why not sell the trucks, give the accounts away and open a investment firm? You can't make a living saving money and the sooner Saia and ALL other companies learn this, the sooner ALL companies will start to show bigger profits. Our next move might very well be to move to Mexico and become a LTL because of cheap labor.

aren't the white trucks Connection Co. or O/O trucks? i ask b/c in ATL there have been a few white Frieghtshakers on the yard off and on the last 3 years, they are O/O trucks...the ones i see in CLT are Connection trucks. are the white ones you have seen new?

red with yellow racing stripe's.........08 sleeper in dls......i saw one...still had the plastic on the seats.......wow