Estes | New Trucks

jelena

TB Lurker
Credits
At my barn we are getting bunch of single axle Internationals, some for us some for other term. out west. Anyone else seeing new trucks?

My terminal has gotten 5 new twin screws, they all went to the new XB drivers. The new international tractors are horrible. They beep way too much, can barely maintain 65 and if you set the cruise at 67 and put your foot on the pedal it drops you down to 65. Not to mention that the interior feels much more cramped than my Freightliner.

My terminal has gotten 5 new twin screws, they all went to the new XB drivers. The new international tractors are horrible. They beep way too much, can barely maintain 65 and if you set the cruise at 67 and put your foot on the pedal it drops you down to 65. Not to mention that the interior feels much more cramped than my Freightliner.
Ugh, I have only driven one single axle to fill in for a bid. I couldn’t find any way to lock it into gear to keep the stupid thing from upshifting going up a hill. Maybe I didn’t play with it enough. It has that clunky shifting Eaton automatic that the Cascadias have. I have seen those new LT’s all over the east coast, new ready to go into service.

The only good new trucks we’ve ever gotten in the past 10 years were the first KWs and Freightliners around 2013.
I had a Cummins powered manual shift Volvo that I really liked. Currently in a Volvo powered automatic Volvo, don’t really care for an automatic but it rides really good and is trouble free for the most part. I wasn’t around when the factory Kenworths were new but I bet they were some sweet rides.