TForce | New trucks

Are you talking new trucks in general? Or new trucks for us?

We've gotten a few new liners, all tandems, so i don't know how tandems are going to play out in city P+D work?

The longer I work for this company, the name on the trucks and shirts mean nothing. It is the same insane asylum. Some how the place remains open for business. I have long ago stopped caring or as the company brass does, pretend to care .

The company never consults drivers when buying equipment, so I never give a ::shit:: when it doesn't work out .

Last edited:
i think it's more a function of wheelbase than tandems vs. single axle, although single axle is still more suitable for P+D.

But really it's more than just tandem vs. single: Road tractors have the side fairings/airfoil on top, both of which are a hindrance for p+D and uneccessary for P+D. In a lot of cases, the hood tends to be longer.

They used too, P&D had the little International 4900's and Line had the 9100-9200.
We had a few when I was in Pottstown. DT-466 IH motor, and a straight 5 speed. they were pathetic on a hill.
They were only GVR'd at 51,000#, over that was daily...

What the hell would possess somebody to think a longer wheelbase makes a truck more maneuverable? 🤔
Well all I’m saying is that both trucks can do the same delivery or pick up.. now if we were talking about trailers.. 28 vs 48 vs 53 then that’s more of a conversation…
at the end of the day, clearly a single axle is easier but it can be done with either truck no question about it. Problem is that there’s drivers out there that get scared of that extra set of tires.. hell there’s guys that can’t even blindside

Well all I’m saying is that both trucks can do the same delivery or pick up.. now if we were talking about trailers.. 28 vs 48 vs 53 then that’s more of a conversation…
at the end of the day, clearly a single axle is easier but it can be done with either truck no question about it. Problem is that there’s drivers out there that get scared of that extra set of tires.. hell there’s guys that can’t even blindside
Just because something is "possible" doesn't mean it's "practical", just saying.

I peddled with a beast like this more than once.
Also had mostly fixed tandem trailers...
Always managed to get it where it had to be....

996b69c4d9785321b3f2d0bb3fa94a72.jpg