XPO | new trucks

i heard they couldn't decide on the right blue, and they come factory black, so they will paint them later. decisions, decisions.

RoadRage76 said:
It really doesn't matter...they will all be puckered in rust a few years from now anyway.

Rust? I hardly see enough metal left in the trucks to rust... Just about everything but the frame rails are fiberglass or plastic anymore...

But Black seems to be the color of choice now... The New Dollies are black as well... Trailer landing gear/frames appear to be coming in black now as well...

I heard last night that XCN was making the drivers take older trucks on the long runs instead of the new trucks to keep the mileage down on them. Any truth to this rumor?

JonBoy Welcome to the boards.
I heard Eaton is supposed to discontinue production of the 7 speed this year and when they run out of stock we will start getting the 10 speeds.

JonBoy73 said:
I heard they were supposed to be going to 10 speeds. Anyone seen any, or know when the change will occur?
JonBoy Welcome to the boards
I heard Eaton will discontinue production of the 7 speed sometime this year and when the stock runs out we start getting the 10 speeds. Don't know of a date when that will happen

Roadeo said:
JonBoy Welcome to the boards
I heard Eaton will discontinue production of the 7 speed sometime this year and when the stock runs out we start getting the 10 speeds. Don't know of a date when that will happen
I dont know about everyone else...but I would prefer the 10 speed!

No Freight said:
I dont know about everyone else...but I would prefer the 10 speed!
i'm waiting for it with popcorn at the ready! so many drivers at our barn have gone through the aprenticeship program and many have no idea that a transmission can have anything other than 7 gears. it's gonna be a total laugh! :)

dockboy said:
well i don't know about you but i run city p &d i would like to see automatic trans in the trucks
:tribehasspoken:
Has someone who See's alot of city stop and go I would like to try out a auto.

gfy said:
Has someone who See's alot of city stop and go I would like to try out a auto.

I run line haul and would like to try out a auto shift myself. I had read that the truck would have to have a Jake brake on it when it has auto shift. Is this why we haven't went to them already? $$$$??