XPO | new trucks

I work for fedex freight I have a volvo with the auto shift and I hate it ,if you run anywheres there is snow forget it you are done when you get in a yard.also too many sensors on the tranny one goes you are screwed ,also they are a pain in the *** jerky,pain backing under trailers,.there are few guys who like them but the most hate them like i said something goes wrong with the tranny you are done no limping it back,Like I also said ***** in the yard esspecially in the snow.I dont think fedex is getting anymore of them most of the new batch of volvos I have seen come thru the last month are back to 10 spds....this is just my humble opinion but I have had it just about a year and tractor has 116000 miles on it and would still like my old red tractor back that had 592000 on it ....

All Newer trucks are going to 10 speeds. They have discontinued the 7 speeds. At Yellow we are getting new VOLVO's, new INTERNATIONALS all with 10 speeds, and Jake Brakes. The Sleeper teams are getting new FREIGHTLINER columbia's. Yellow quit buying STERLINGS, Thank God, They were awful. But All the STERLINGS that we have now are all 10 speeds.
BTW. CON_WAY changed the frames I was told because they resembled FED-EX colors and did not want a lawsuit. Thats why they are now painted black. But This sounds like a rumor.

DETrob said:
All Newer trucks are going to 10 speeds. They have discontinued the 7 speeds. At Yellow we are getting new VOLVO's, new INTERNATIONALS all with 10 speeds, and Jake Brakes. The Sleeper teams are getting new FREIGHTLINER columbia's. Yellow quit buying STERLINGS, Thank God, They were awful. But All the STERLINGS that we have now are all 10 speeds.
BTW. CON_WAY changed the frames I was told because they resembled FED-EX colors and did not want a lawsuit. Thats why they are now painted black. But This sounds like a rumor.
Cheaper with the black frame.

Roadeo said:
JonBoy Welcome to the boards
I heard Eaton will discontinue production of the 7 speed sometime this year and when the stock runs out we start getting the 10 speeds. Don't know of a date when that will happen
Oh great! I dont know how to drive a ten speed.

Because they quit making them. All 7 speeds transmissions are going to 10 speeds.
I'll believe it when we get the first new truck next year with a 10 speed in it. only because the same thing was said about the 06's that they would have 10 speeds and they showed up with a 7 speed in it.

I'll believe it when we get the first new truck next year with a 10 speed in it. only because the same thing was said about the 06's that they would have 10 speeds and they showed up with a 7 speed in it.

If we get a 10 speed/split shift we are going to have to sign an acknowledgement form and watch a video stating that we understand how to count up to 10 and down to 1 and flick a switch inbetween. :hysterical:

I can see the accident points mounting.

All of our new trucks coming in have 10 speeds. The old freightliners that conway had for ESL runs were all 10 speeds. There is no big deal with them the first two gears are useless unless you are taking off from a hill.