Holland | New type of discipline write-up letter...

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
Has anybody else heard of this new approach to writing letters for discipline. The charge is "misuse of company time". Its an attempt to combine several different types of write-ups in to one violation. That way they can catch you talking on the phone or to someone else at the terminal, smoking, going in the break room other than break time, looking out the dock door, taking a minute to long for a break, going the long way to an address, putting the wrong trailer in the wrong door or what ever else they can dream up. By putting it under one name they can build a case against you faster. Just thought I'd mention it to everybody just it case it comes your way.

Has anybody else heard of this new approach to writing letters for discipline. The charge is "misuse of company time". Its an attempt to combine several different types of write-ups in to one violation. That way they can catch you talking on the phone or to someone else at the terminal, smoking, going in the break room other than break time, looking out the dock door, taking a minute to long for a break, going the long way to an address, putting the wrong trailer in the wrong door or what ever else they can dream up. By putting it under one name they can build a case against you faster. Just thought I'd mention it to everybody just it case it comes your way.
The latest is if you get hurt while on duty you're working unsafe and you will get a warning letter sign by Scott W----!

The latest is if you get hurt while on duty you're working unsafe and you will get a warning letter sign by Scott W----!

Yes, we have had those too. They don't mean much to us, an accident is just that, an accident. Its all part of the head games they try to play every day. We think some of this is being set up to use against the new 14.00 casuals when they get to start using them. They know it doesn't work on us so it must be for someone else.

I need to do some checking but I remember reading somewhere that it is against state law in Ohio to issue a warning letter for on the job injury. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

I need to do some checking but I remember reading somewhere that it is against state law in Ohio to issue a warning letter for on the job injury. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
Very interesting, it would be great if all 50 states had that law.

The latest stupidity here in Gaylord, MI is that when we get our city manifest, it has a red rubber stamp on the bottom saying....empty expectation ________. Then the dispatcher puts in his uneducated guess as to what time the driver should be empty. We just laugh about it to everyone in the room. Our TM told us that if we have goals for accomplishment, we are more likely to try to meet them. LOL What next?:chairshot:

Maybe the "misuse of company time" letter should be given to dispatcher,dock supervisor,etc,etc.With some of the brilliant moves they make!!

The latest stupidity here in Gaylord, MI is that when we get our city manifest, it has a red rubber stamp on the bottom saying....empty expectation ________. Then the dispatcher puts in his uneducated guess as to what time the driver should be empty. We just laugh about it to everyone in the room. Our TM told us that if we have goals for accomplishment, we are more likely to try to meet them. LOL What next?:chairshot:

This is right from yellows playbook they have been doing this for years only the computer decides your empty time.they dont factor in all the early pickups you have to cover. more nonsence.

In JO last week Tom H. the regional or whatever they call them now hung letters about how busy Friday would be and would like to see everyone who is not scheduled off to be at work there were minimal call offs but problem was once again in management as of 8pm Friday night they still had 23 switches to do and no empties. Hey Tom H and rest of the management team how about getting us the equipment we need so we can be successful. I guess you didnt learn when the same thing happened at the end of May and June. Part of being a good manger is not to make the same mistake twice but you guys made it 3 times and to make a management decision. I dont know if they know this but there are trailer leasing companies out there. I bet we go through this again next month and they will some how put the blame on us. Way to go management team.

Yep, we've had the stupid stamp for a few months in LO too.

It is against the law in most states to be disciplined for an on the job injury. that is why they issue the letter for the safe work rule violation.

they had the stamp in birchrun but just like anything they ever implement they never follow through with it ,and they forget about it in a week. last week it was back by 7.00 close by 9.00:hysterical:. this week it will be something different. :1036316054:

Maybe the "misuse of company time" letter should be given to dispatcher,dock supervisor,etc,etc.With some of the brilliant moves they make!!
Or the certain someone looking up XXX rated material on the company computer..........And yeah I know you come on this site so don't think that we don't know.:tongue0002:

The food warehouses use productivity calculations and issue discipline letters for failure to meet the warehouse -wide productivity averages. This will be coming our way no doubt. When you start hearing about a points system, you know it's arrived.
As far as these letters, don't be fooled. They are looking to get rid of their high dollar employees any way they can to cut costs and this will be something we will be seeing regularly. No one will be immune to it regardless of your work speed if your at scale. It's all about numbers, watch your back and cover your arse!

for the injury but not the cause! The letter usual is a reason the event happened not the actual injury

example fell and broke your leg
you get a letter for creating a unsafe working condition

Misuse letter fly like water sometimes around here 20 guys at a pop for breakroom early or time clock. they can lead to suspension and worse..

What about falling and breaking you leg walking between the trailers at the dock when there is 2 inches of ice? I think the company has the responsibilty to remove the ice. Not us. We didn't put the ice there. We've had people hurt on the ice between the trailers in CO.

What about falling and breaking you leg walking between the trailers at the dock when there is 2 inches of ice? I think the company has the responsibilty to remove the ice. Not us. We didn't put the ice there. We've had people hurt on the ice between the trailers in CO.

LOL, that is great! We didn't put the ice there...

I believe his point was that, its the companies property and responsibility to maintain the business in a safe condition for everybody. When a person feels his safety is at risk he doesn't have to do anything that he thinks is dangerous. But, you better be right and be able to prove it. If a person got hurt in LO because of the lot's poor condition we wouldn't be out there until it was cleaned and treated with salt or something to clear it off and make it safe for all of us.

Thats the problem Benny majority do not stick together if you dont do it because its unsafe someone else always will. Perfect example freight on a 53ft trailer and a tight to deliver you call dispatch to notify its unsafe they say fine, supervisors on the dock put on you run again and another 53ft trailer this usually goes on for 3-5 days and then all the sudden dispatch says your a liar John Doe got the delivery done. I usually respond by saying good for John give him that stop all the time. Bottom line someone always wants to be the hero.:butt kiss: