SAIA | New uniform policy

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
City drivers now are only allowed to wear red polos or the white and red striped button ups in either long or short sleeve, and the blue uniform pants or shorts, and black boots. Managment will have to wear a blue polo shirt from now on. The only problem I would have had when I was a city driver would be the pants. I tried different sizes and such and they never fit right. It also sucks that we can no longer buy the blue button ups any longer. Those were great at not showing any dirt or those lovely occasions when the grease monster strikes you. So far there is no code for linehaul other than just look presentable.

grease monster comment made me laugh...rumor here was that they were going to require line drvrs to wear a uniform of some sort?

Haven't heard it, but I think it's coming down eventually. All it will take is enough city drivers to complain, and bam!

If they start wearing the red pinstriped shirts, they will eventually be red pinstriped, brown and black. White shirts don't work well in this business.

OD tried white shirts , They gave up on them because they looked like crap in a very short time.:438: Dark colored shirts hold up better in the dirt and grease of the LTL world,

just got memo in stl...all line drivers to wear uniforms starting 2012....they pay 200$ and NO JEANS allowed! (they will let us wear dickies brand work pants.(this may be old news.....were kinda slow on the uptake,lol)

no jeans!!! WTF!!! COWBOY BOOTS DONT GO GOOD WITH DICKIES PANTS!!!! well they better come up with more than 200 bucks to buy some pants too!!!

just got memo in stl...all line drivers to wear uniforms starting 2012....they pay 200$ and NO JEANS allowed! (they will let us wear dickies brand work pants.(this may be old news.....were kinda slow on the uptake,lol)

If we got to do this, too bad that it couldn't have been done in the 4th quarter of 2011 instead of the 1st quarter of 2012, Now we have to wait for a year for the tax deduction. :hissyfit:

nothing in gsp about linehaul wearing a uniform

i got the order form (for us) right here.is says 200$ allowance. i was pleased to see one of our options is what they call a shirt-jac. this is a shirt that does not have tails,so tucking it in is not required. (i got too much front porch for all that)

a little update....stl tm posted a memo in drivers room that the memo they gave us concerning L/h required to wear uni's, should be disregarded...and true policy was as ******* jockey prescribed. stl mngmt doing that "self rectal exam"