R&L | New uniform

I didn't like them without the pen pocket. Wouldn't be too bad if it had one. I still think the button up looks more proffesional.

I don't know I like this new look. Yes it would be nice to have a pen pocket.But
at least we have a choice what to wear not just long or short sleave now we have something different.I like some change (like our uniforms)

they are horrible, they are very hot in the summer (because they are black) and very cold when a regular shirt would be fine, not very durable, and you look like a yuppie. and on top of it all it is not the smartest thing to have us wearing these black shirts when we are chaining up on the side of the road in the middle of the night dodging trucks and cars, if they weren't so damn cheap and buy us a reflective vest to wear, then it would not be so bad. but they put cost in front of safety.

they are horrible, they are very hot in the summer (because they are black) and very cold when a regular shirt would be fine, not very durable, and you look like a yuppie. and on top of it all it is not the smartest thing to have us wearing these black shirts when we are chaining up on the side of the road in the middle of the night dodging trucks and cars, if they weren't so damn cheap and buy us a reflective vest to wear, then it would not be so bad. but they put cost in front of safety.
good point bullwagon. i agree, this company doesn't care anything about safety at all. at our yard in scranton, we have a hole in the blacktop that is huge. myself, along with others mentioned many times to management how unsafe it is (twist or break an ankle, tip a pup over, etc.) but nobody cares. i know i'll be calling a lawyer if something happens to me.

personally i think the new shirts are nice, and customers seem to like as well. makes sense what was mentioned about the reflective, especially for the linehaul drivers at night. it would probably be a good idea if many of the drivers are feeling the same to call karen curl in h/r. the point seems valid and i think she stated she helps put the shirt design together...

calling HR....waste of time!!
I Agree i called last week and spoke to Karen about a problem i had and the exact response i got was "The Terminal Manager can do what ever he wants as long as HE Thinks it in the best interest of the Company" So basically don't waste your Breath it'll get you nowhere

it is not the smartest thing to have us wearing these black shirts when we are chaining up on the side of the road in the middle of the night dodging trucks and cars, if they weren't so damn cheap and buy us a reflective vest to wear, then it would not be so bad. but they put cost in front of safety.

A quick search of "reflective safety vest" brings up a ansi approved vest for $9.99.

Calm down!!!!!!!!

You guys need to chill out before Braceface marks you all as trouble makers LOL:hysterical:..... Drink some kool-aid and everyone in WIL is your friend!!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical::biglaugh:

A quick search of "reflective safety vest" brings up a ansi approved vest for $9.99.

so i am going to guess and say that you are suggesting that i buy my own??? not sure, but if you are i have some questions, isn't it the employers responsibility to provide a safe working environment??? i do take my own steps to look out for my self but when we let our employers cheap out on little stuff like this what is next? and where do we draw the line? i know in times like this we need to help the company save money, and i do try, but when they start making money hand over fist again do you think they will remember that we helped? do you think they will give us a raise to say thank you? i am going to say NO!
now back to the topic, i am just saying they should have put a little more thought into safety issues than they did

I love the complaining over the new shirts not being safe. I guess the ugly green and gray shirts we had to wear were really easy to see at night....hmmmm. If you feel that unsafe on the side of the road then stop taking naps. It's guys like you that make ur jobs harder. It's a shirt not a truck it's like a bunch of old men that have nothing better to ***** about on here now.

so i am going to guess and say that you are suggesting that i buy my own??? not sure, but if you are i have some questions, isn't it the employers responsibility to provide a safe working environment??? i do take my own steps to look out for my self but when we let our employers cheap out on little stuff like this what is next? and where do we draw the line? i know in times like this we need to help the company save money, and i do try, but when they start making money hand over fist again do you think they will remember that we helped? do you think they will give us a raise to say thank you? i am going to say NO!
now back to the topic, i am just saying they should have put a little more thought into safety issues than they did

Hey Cow truck, suppose the company did supply drivers with a safety vest. Do you really think drivers would take care of them?
They would end up lost, used for wiping dipsticks, cleaning grease off, etc, etc.
Same as the pallet jack issue, if you have something personally invested in something, you'll take much better care of it than if you don't.
You're right, it is the employers responsibility to provide a safe working enviroment.
But, that sorta ends once you go out the gate. After that it becomes your responsibility to take care of yourself and use good judgement.
Say not chaining up on the shoulder of the road. I'm just saying.............:smilie_132:

Am I stating that you the driver should have some responsibility for your actions? Yes I am.

Is it R&L's job to provide you with a better place to put on chains? They need to own the interstate so that you can do your job safely?

10 bucks will break you? How did you ever afford the boots?

This might not be a bad idea for those of us who have to unload things in the street due to having to large of a trailer to get into ANYWHERE.

I had several vests left over from my days doing trash so I keep one in my cab and a traffic cone in my trailer but If I didn't already have them I wouldn't wait for the company to get them for you.Go to any safety or equipment supply place and pick them up.