Yellow | New York Locals 707 and 138 Teamsters To Get Full Pensions Restored

Should have asked for cost of living adjustment in the Butch Lewis act language. Few more years of inflation, pension won't be worth spit. Republicans ****ed us again.

I would have replied and tried to have a discussion on the topic but you had to go and get political at the end. I do the same thing in real life when people have to make everything political....see ya, I'll be over here talking to the people actually trying to solve problems!
Everything is political, Joe Biden and the Democrats saved Teamster pensions. I feel beholden to them. Oil futures are for 125 dollars a barrel today, I'm buying an electric vehicle because I'm a patriotic Teamster.

I'm grateful to Joe Biden and the Democrats. They made sure I got what I was promised. High inflation and gas prices are the price to be paid for progress. I don't see why I shouldn't expect a cost of living adjustment on my pension. Government retirees get one.

I'm grateful to Joe Biden and the Democrats. They made sure I got what I was promised. High inflation and gas prices are the price to be paid for progress. I don't see why I shouldn't expect a cost of living adjustment on my pension. Government retirees get one.
You're what's wrong with people today. "I deserve, I want, I expect." My pension payments were cut and I'm very grateful that some of that is being restored but in truth, I don't feel right that taxpayers should be on the hook for that.

I wish Yellow restores its pensions and raise the wages on us all. Yeah I’m a new yrc member 6 yrs in and I come from yellow roots. Yellow Roadway YRC New Penn Holland Reddaway. We all need to stop complaining and show this corporate we deserve it. All these new guys coming after me think baying everything up is job security lol I used to think that until I tried ABF for a while and nah job security is getting that costumers freight off the dock and on transit to its destination as soon as possible and trying to not break much down from pallets and using every piece of equipment. When I came back to yrc while I was on a leave of absence I came back with that same mentality and started working and serving the costumer. As a driver now I see the behind the scenes and man I feel bad when I used to damage freight.

Everything is political, Joe Biden and the Democrats saved Teamster pensions. I feel beholden to them. Oil futures are for 125 dollars a barrel today, I'm buying an electric vehicle because I'm a patriotic Teamster.
It was part of the CARES Act, which was passed during the Trump Administration. The Dems on the review board tried to recall the loan, but didn’t have the majority. Check your facts.

The loan was part of the CARES Act correct... However the pension bill...The Butch Lewis Emergency Pension Plan Relief Act is legislation to help severely financially troubled multiemployer plans meet their benefit obligations to retired participants. It was included as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, which President Biden signed into law on March 11, 2021.

So will Central States pension fund do it too ??
NO. These are apples and oranges. Locals 707 & 138 Pension Fund went insolvent and Retirees had their Pension CHECKS cut 70%. When the Butch Lewis Act was passed, those Locals who had Retirees' checks cut were reinstated 100% of the amount they retired on and made whole for the 70% they lost. CSPF will file in April and have the money to back its current retirees and future retires at current rates of retirement until 2051.

In order to get Yellow back up and age 65 penalties removed, it will have to be done at the bargaining tables and make it a front issue this time.....READ, before you vote!