ABF | Next contract

You answered your own question! All of the above for me. LOL
I was thinking it's about time we start discussing the next contract. Guys (and gals), this is a golden opportunity to get back what we 'lost' in the last contract. First, let's get our vacation restored to what it was pre-2013. Second, let's get our wages at (or above) our competition. I'd be happy with leaving the pension the same. With all the health care issues this country is now facing, that's gonna be a battle.

She will cry, the sheep will cave , and we will be paying $125 a week for healthcare. I think we should have a live vote at the union halls, by show of hands, who is for and who is against. I still can't believe how every person I talk with voted the last one down , yet it still passed....just sayin

I was thinking it's about time we start discussing the next contract. Guys (and gals), this is a golden opportunity to get back what we 'lost' in the last contract. First, let's get our vacation restored to what it was pre-2013. Second, let's get our wages at (or above) our competition. I'd be happy with leaving the pension the same. With all the health care issues this country is now facing, that's gonna be a battle.
Hell I am still waiting for the BEST PAYING JOBS in freight we were promised last contact. Roy Slagle quote.

She will cry, the sheep will cave , and we will be paying $125 a week for healthcare. I think we should have a live vote at the union halls, by show of hands, who is for and who is against. I still can't believe how every person I talk with voted the last one down , yet it still passed....just sayin
Terminal-by-terminal results of the last vote are available online. Surprisingly, the East Coast voted heavily in favor. I voted no...both times. Start saving your pennies now to build a little 'personal' strike fund. We'll see how fast the Queen Bee caves when the picket signs go up.

Terminal-by-terminal results of the last vote are available online. Surprisingly, the East Coast voted heavily in favor. I voted no...both times. Start saving your pennies now to build a little 'personal' strike fund. We'll see how fast the Queen Bee caves when the picket signs go up.
The only reason it passed the last time was the threat of YRC buying us. A lot of guys got tricked into believing a company that owes over a billion dollars could buy another "troubled company" like ABF supposedly was.

If I had still worked at YRC when that happened, I would have been destroying equipment. It's a double insult. Either we gave away all that money and the pension so the company can gobble up other companies, or we had become such a :shit:ty company that we were being used as a threat to bring another company to its knees.

I would urge you all to pay attention to the quarterly earnings reports. The recent 2nd qtr shows similar numbers to last year but 10 mil less net. Similar number trends are beginning, lining up the woes me for contract time. So easy for ABF, arc best, whatever to move money around..busting us, the Teamster side was why Arcbest was created. Exit strategy, contract strength..the ole CNF, CF, Conway setup...
And abf took no vacation from us.Gordon Sweeton, IBT VP, gave it away as a concession, abf gladly accepted...they did not propose it, Our Teamster Leader and Brother did...