Next contract

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by Abfrocks, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Abfrocks

Abfrocks Active Member

What are your main concerns next contract. Insurance, scabs, pay, vacation? Other

SAC75 and tripleswest like this.
  2. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

You answered your own question! All of the above for me. LOL

3. Trucker 206

Trucker 206 Well-Known Member

I was thinking it's about time we start discussing the next contract. Guys (and gals), this is a golden opportunity to get back what we 'lost' in the last contract. First, let's get our vacation restored to what it was pre-2013. Second, let's get our wages at (or above) our competition. I'd be happy with leaving the pension the same. With all the health care issues this country is now facing, that's gonna be a battle.

canaryinthemine and troubleman84 like this.
  4. shrink wrap

shrink wrap Member

She will cry, the sheep will cave , and we will be paying $125 a week for healthcare. I think we should have a live vote at the union halls, by show of hands, who is for and who is against. I still can't believe how every person I talk with voted the last one down , yet it still passed....just sayin

Abfrocks likes this.
  5. stickman

stickman Active Member

Hell I am still waiting for the BEST PAYING JOBS in freight we were promised last contact. Roy Slagle quote.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  6. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

You can discuss it all you want but with Hoffa in office it's all a waste of time. Then they think they're going to get anywhere with FedEx or Conway? Laughable.

7. Trucker 206

Terminal-by-terminal results of the last vote are available online. Surprisingly, the East Coast voted heavily in favor. I voted no...both times. Start saving your pennies now to build a little 'personal' strike fund. We'll see how fast the Queen Bee caves when the picket signs go up.

canaryinthemine and Abfrocks like this.
  8. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

The only reason it passed the last time was the threat of YRC buying us. A lot of guys got tricked into believing a company that owes over a billion dollars could buy another "troubled company" like ABF supposedly was.

9. Trucker 206

Yeah, that was a laughable moment. Anybody with a lick of smarts could see that that was a ploy.

10. LTLAnonymous

LTLAnonymous Active Member

If I had still worked at YRC when that happened, I would have been destroying equipment. It's a double insult. Either we gave away all that money and the pension so the company can gobble up other companies, or we had become such a shitty company that we were being used as a threat to bring another company to its knees.

11. iam4us

iam4us Active Member

I would urge you all to pay attention to the quarterly earnings reports. The recent 2nd qtr shows similar numbers to last year but 10 mil less net. Similar number trends are beginning, lining up the woes me for contract time. So easy for ABF, arc best, whatever to move money around..busting us, the Teamster side was why Arcbest was created. Exit strategy, contract strength..the ole CNF, CF, Conway setup...
    And abf took no vacation from us.Gordon Sweeton, IBT VP, gave it away as a concession, abf gladly accepted...they did not propose it, Our Teamster Leader and Brother did...

12. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

To us, from Hoffa, without the love. :2437:

13. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Or lube

14. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I'm personally proud that the JC # 40 area voted down the supplements....twice. Didn't get us anything but the personal emnity of Hoffa and crew,.....and the JC# 40 officers who are toadies,..........but still proud anyway.

Not all of the East Coast fell for the lies and tricks...........