Yellow | NFMA Teamsters Cannot use 34 hour restart per IBT Per Memo

We have the option to report 30-60 minutes late for work with a call ahead. This can help cover the 10 hr off duty rule.

Still gotta protect the 8 and 60 rules. No weekend O/T on the street if you are 52.01 on Friday.

No weekend ot if you are at 52.01 on friday here. Dock or street.

No weekend ot if you are at 52.01 on friday here. Dock or street.

Actually, the same is true here, because of the fact that all bids are combo.

But here, (technically) if there were "dock only" work on Saturday, not Sunday, seniority would prevail, regardless of total hours for the week as of Friday.

Just to further confuse the issue, if one is off the street on Friday by the 60th hour, that person can work the dock until O/B is finished and the gate is locked if permitted by management and personal stamina.

Kk that is the old memo doesn't apply this te , the Feds are forcing their hand even in a collective bargaining agreement this time , a 9 yr old agreement that Hoffa put out doesnt fly now.

Kk that is the old memo doesn't apply this te , the Feds are forcing their hand even in a collective bargaining agreement this time , a 9 yr old agreement that Hoffa put out doesnt fly now.

Not here to debate the issue...BUT...that memo is STILL IN EFFECT until the IBT rescinds it. The DOT rule has been on the books since 2003 and it was never used on us that are NMFA Teamsters, so why would it now?

The only issues that apply to us since 7/1/13 is, after being ON DUTY for 8 hours, we MUST show a 30 minute break ON THE TOP LINE....still waiting on any other "guidance" that may come down from the IBT Freight Division on this.....using the 34 restart will cost us even MORE driving jobs, as with the 34 restart being used, a terminal will not need as many road drivers.....be careful what you ask for!.....KK

KK you are right the 34 hr restart when it was started was never to be used buy the teamsters but ,the co. over looks a lot of drivers using it.As a former steward I saw a lot and was told to shut up about it.And it is happening all over . that is one of the reason I retired .to many back door deals. .the team in teamster is gone.

KK you are right the 34 hr restart when it was started was never to be used buy the teamsters but ,the co. over looks a lot of drivers using it.As a former steward I saw a lot and was told to shut up about it.And it is happening all over . that is one of the reason I retired .to many back door deals. .the team in teamster is gone.

They might think they are getting away with it....but they and the company have it logged different.....when they finally come together on the hours worked and they show him running over his 70 hours and he shows he still has 15 left.....then maybe he will see....that is what happened in Atlanta, and the driver got a letter for being over his 70 hours.....KK

Kk , I'm not wishing for it , just saying a memo put in place in 04 is no longer valid,you can't say whatever the IBT puts in place stays for life or until its changed, I've been a teamster for nearly 30 yrs , 3rd gen teamster , been around it all my life ,don't want it but you & I both know that wont stand.

For all these guys that are using the 34 restart under the hush hush of your terminals knowledge be forewarned. This company will let you hang yourself, even though they have the knowledge of you using it. Get your butt in trouble & watch how fast the terminal brass have amnesia about you using the 34 restart with their knowledge & if you're knowingly breaking the NMFA. You think you don't have representation NOW, try & explain how your knowingly violating the NMFA at your grievance hearing for dismissal & see what representation you have then. Your working 60/70 hours + now, {that's equivalent to 2 full time jobs a week to the normal public} & if you can't make ends meet with 60/70 hours a week, you are already screwed & working 100 hours a week ain't gonna do nothing but help the morticians, health providers & lawyers get fatter wallets & bigger boats.

Why wouldn't it? The old document that Hoffa signed in 1964 is still flying (NMFA)....they will have to come out and rescind it, or make modifications to it, just like the NMFA.....it is STILL in effect.....KK

well said zipper!.....kk
for all these guys that are using the 34 restart under the hush hush of your terminals knowledge be forewarned. This company will let you hang yourself, even though they have the knowledge of you using it. Get your butt in trouble & watch how fast the terminal brass have amnesia about you using the 34 restart with their knowledge & if you're knowingly breaking the nmfa. You think you don't have representation now, try & explain how your knowingly violating the nmfa at your grievance hearing for dismissal & see what representation you have then. Your working 60/70 hours + now, {that's equivalent to 2 full time jobs a week to the normal public} & if you can't make ends meet with 60/70 hours a week, you are already screwed & working 100 hours a week ain't gonna do nothing but help the morticians, health providers & lawyers get fatter wallets & bigger boats.

we have most drivers working 5-12s, some 5-14s, then coming in for a 6 or 7 punch, week in/week out. mechanics and janitors deliver freight, mechanics jockey.

Your working 60/70 hours + now, {that's equivalent to 2 full time jobs a week to the normal public} & if you can't make ends meet with 60/70 hours a week, you are already screwed & working 100 hours a week ain't gonna do nothing but help the morticians, health providers & lawyers get fatter wallets & bigger boats.
Thank You for the Business! Just like ObamaCare- people are Dying for me to work!