NM.snow and speed don't mix

Cashes caught on tape.
Video

It's just like the officer said at the end of the story, SLOW DOWN!!! It's winter time people, it seems every year we need to retrain ourselves to drive in these conditions. It would seem that it's going to be another long winter we have several inches of snow here in the midwest already. Let's be careful out there and get home safe everyday.:1036316054:

These type of drivers are typical even just in rainy weather.
Some or MANY people know not how to differentiate between Dry, Wet, Icy, Snowy conditions and drive the same as if the roads are Dry.

Of course there are the truck drivers that drive like they're in their 4 wheelers as has been and will continue to be evidenced.

Driving schools anymore seem not to care about teaching DEFENSIVE DRIVING.

Over my 45 year city driving career I trained a few folks to drive the big rigs.
After they passed their road tests and received their little piece of paper with their picture that said they could legally drive.
I always told them theres only one thing for you left to learn.
Whats that you ask?

Why after learning how to get a CDL,the only thing left to learn is how to drive without getting into any crashes.
That type of teaching comes from defensive driving habits,and experience in everyother area of driving for a living.

I drive everyday the most Dangerious stretch of highway there is, I 80 thru Wyoming and Utah, Salt Lake to Denver and Back. I have seen 6 tractor trailer accidents (all wrecks) 1 Driver Dead due to high winds and driving to fast for conditions. So what if you can drive faster than me in the snow. I will get there in one piece. Of course you see a fed ex ground jacknifed, overturned his pup trailers, that's common. And don't forget those OTR- OWNER OPERATORS/Super Truckers with 2 Logs Books go by you at (NO ****-60 mph in high winds and blowing snow. I want to be like them oneday when I become suicidal and want to end it all(my Life) My rule of thumb is 35-45mph and stay alive. I really do not understand their logic when it comes to safety. They all have to prove something, like I really care if they can pass me. Ups, fed ex and Owner Operators truckers, I will Just keep taking photos of all your wrecks for my collection. Oh by the way Coway freight had 3 totals this week, 1 killed, Fed ex ground had 2 Total wrecks or more, Turner Propane Had 2 wrecks in 1 week also 1 driver killed , they caused I80 to shut down in Both Wyoming and Utah, Have not seen them on the road since . Keep Going Fast, I will be the one home alive for xmas. And you call yourself Professionals.

It's just like the officer said at the end of the story, SLOW DOWN!!! It's winter time people, it seems every year we need to retrain ourselves to drive in these conditions. It would seem that it's going to be another long winter we have several inches of snow here in the midwest already. Let's be careful out there and get home safe everyday.:1036316054:

You think these idiots are bad in the snow, come on down to California when the thick "Tule Fog" season rolls in down here in the valleys.

You cant even see two car lengths in front of you and the morons are still doing 65 or 70 MPH, going to/from work, night or day.

Un-freaking-believable!

I drive everyday the most Dangerious stretch of highway there is, I 80 thru Wyoming and Utah, Salt Lake to Denver and Back.

You ain't joking about that. I hate that stretch of road.

Glad I ain't driving it anymore. Those high winds are not to be fooled with, but the dummies try it anyway.

I know I've posted this a few times in the past.
When I was still driving for a living.
Living in the cold snowy northern NY Region,I actually would talk to myself,as well as whoever I could these short sayings.
#1) The faster it snows the slower I goes.
#2)Its a lot faster going slower than it is filling out the crash scene reports,to the authorities,and your company,in some cases waiting for the tow truck.
It other cases looking for another job.

In other words be smart, semi driving heros only do ok in the movies.

I know I've posted this a few times in the past.
When I was still driving for a living.
Living in the cold snowy northern NY Region,I actually would talk to myself,as well as whoever I could these short sayings.
#1) The faster it snows the slower I goes.
#2)Its a lot faster going slower than it is filling out the crash scene reports,to the authorities,and your company,in some cases waiting for the tow truck.
It other cases looking for another job.

In other words be smart, semi driving heros only do ok in the movies.

Well, I have never driven in NYS, but the same goes for the Sierra Nevada range out here in the wintertime, as well as the other CA mountain ranges, both northern and southern.

I see lots of CMV's driving 15-30 MPH over what they should be driving (posted 20 MPH for chained rigs on the Donner I-80 highway to Nevada), but out here in the snow we have to use chains by law, (not sure about the vehicle
laws IRT using chains in NYS), so at that speed they can fly off and cause all kinds of grief for everyone involved.

You got it right on, IMO, no matter it be NY or CA .

Doing accident reports is no way to make a living as a professional driver, IMO.