ABF | nmfa

rujac

TB Lurker
Credits
went on other union companies threads to view new nmfa does not look good the bill of goods they are going to try to sell us

The excessive overtime formula (Article 5. Section 6) is not going to do any good when it comes to working laid off employees back on, at least not at the larger terminals and break bulks. Every actively working regular would have to average over 10 hours per week of overtime just to start counting the hours towards working a man back on. Here at 004 that will mean roughly 1300 hours of overtime weekly just to start counting hours. Also, the dock only casuals pay being reduced by $2.00 per hour really sucks. And there is still no language in Article 16 that would require the employer to pay for the backgound check and fingerprinting. Afterall, we are forced to maintain our CDL's even though there are a few regulars at the bottom of our board that do not have their CDL's. And don't even get me started on the sub-contracting. :nutkick:

if you cant see how,il let you borrow my wife glasses....

I was really looking for the driver abuse section to get removed. A.K.A the Alternate Work Program, where you get half pay for showing up to do nothing on "light duty". What a crock.

There is more abuse on this section than any others.

I keep hearing the economy is heading for a recession.
Health and Pension being the most important as the age of freight members get older.
There will always be somethings we never like about any contract.
I just don't think this is as bad as TDU. makes it out to be.
I remember being on strike for 3 weeks and coming back for a year bonus of $750

We got that 750 dollars that year in liew of a raise. Since that was a one time deal, how much money have you lost at 750 a year since that happened?

how much money have you lost at 750 a year since that happened?

TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post BD

What a joke that signing bonus was. That was nothing more than the companies buying a yes vote. Throw the promise of $750 to guys that have been on a picket line for almost a month and what do you think will happen.

Times have changed and I see at the end of this contract a strong and more secure health and pension.Are you will to give up $14,400 dollars in wages and health and welfare benefits. that is base on working 2000 hours at $7.20 in the final year of this contract.Over the 5years you are looking at over $40,000 in wages and benefits.More if you are Utility Driver or overtime you put in.There are companys that wouldn't even give you $1.00 more per hour to do the Utility driver as what the Teamsters have got in this contract. The contract has the part-timer and casual earning benefits.Take a look at the UPS Parcel contract,their part-timer don't receive benefits for a the first year and a lower wage.

With this tentative contract there looks to be some transitions to make.In the future we will have a best contract in the LTL industry. There will need to grown to really make this work for all to have a better life.