Holland | No Emptys

Yup , short on trailer's and really short on ones that don't Leak a water fall inside !! and what's up with line haul anyway ??

Causing major line haul back ups in Charlotte no trailers tho load freight on!....CLOCK TIME!!

Maybe if they would buy some load bars we could load trailers better and cut down on the number of pulls. I broke a trailer from CN Monday that was floored out and could have been made into a 1/2 but no load bars. And those stupid new trailers with double bars. Please want a joke. You lose a foot of overhead clearance because of the in the walls.

Maybe if they would buy some load bars we could load trailers better and cut down on the number of pulls. I broke a trailer from CN Monday that was floored out and could have been made into a 1/2 but no load bars. And those stupid new trailers with double bars. Please want a joke. You lose a foot of overhead clearance because of the in the walls.
Problem with load bars is the guys who think cubing isn't important treat them like crap and break the clips on them. I've seen guys toss load bars around like javelins, and it's not just a Holland problem either.

Problem with load bars is the guys who think cubing isn't important treat them like crap and break the clips on them. I've seen guys toss load bars around like javelins, and it's not just a Holland problem either.
No one will admit it, but we have many at yrc who do not know how to properly use deck bars. I have suggested to upper management possibly making a training video, but they do not seem interested. On the other hand I see outbound supervisors putting in bars at least on the rear, because the people on the lifts are too lazy to do it...

Trailer Loading properly all come down to worker morale and -15% pay and tired overworked driver's period............................................

Trailer Loading properly all come down to worker morale and -15% pay and tired overworked driver's period............................................
I will have to disagree with you on that one partner. From what I have seen, the 2 things I see causing it are lack of knowledge, and lazy.

Unfortunately this is true. But regardless of what has happened it is each individual's choice to pack up and leave to find greener pastures, or still do their job in a professional manner.
The end result is we have to decide if we are going to the make the best of things or just go to work every day with a pissed off attitude and I don't give a crap mentality or try to put this company back on good solid footing with the hopes that somebody will buy us away from the YRCW.

24xPJUa.jpg

No one will admit it, but we have many at yrc who do not know how to properly use deck bars. I have suggested to upper management possibly making a training video, but they do not seem interested. On the other hand I see outbound supervisors putting in bars at least on the rear, because the people on the lifts are too lazy to do it...
Do you really think any upper management person would ever take a suggestion from a lowly peon dockworker or driver? They are college educated and highly paid, so in their mind that means they are also far superior. If they actually DID take and use a suggestion from the people who actually did the work everyday, they would be "knuckling under" to one who is considered incapable of seeing "the big picture" and making intelligent decisions.
Only top management is capable of that. To them, it would be similar to a General taking advice from a private. It ain't gonna happen, no matter how good the suggestion or advice is.

I'd file on any supervisor putting bars in a trailer for any reason.

Maybe he got tired of asking guys to do it and got the answer, "why don't you get the guy that put last of freight on trailer.
We had a super that would walk by 4 guys bull sh....ting and ask me to do something, so one day I asked him why he does that, his reply was " I know it is wrong but it gets done when I ask you and I don't get a bunch of lip about seniority or anything else, you just get it done."

Maybe he got tired of asking guys to do it and got the answer, "why don't you get the guy that put last of freight on trailer.
We had a super that would walk by 4 guys bull sh....ting and ask me to do something, so one day I asked him why he does that, his reply was " I know it is wrong but it gets done when I ask you and I don't get a bunch of lip about seniority or anything else, you just get it done."
I don't care how tired he his that's our work and don't do it and you should take up for yourself. He's just taking advantage of you.

Last edited:
Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. Since the management never misses a beat when it comes to handing out "warning letters", that's exactly what I'd do. Some would call it a "chicken s**t" grievance, but since the company wants to play "hard ball" on the pay and benefits....what goes around, comes around. I would like to have a cell phone camera handy at a time like that.

I will have to disagree with you on that one partner. From what I have seen, the 2 things I see causing it are lack of knowledge, and lazy.
Agree , because we NO longer have any training for new dock help and lazy indeed and 3 to 4 smoke breaks a HOUR ??? Really !!