Holland | No more assigned trucks

"SCAB"hater

TB Lurker
Credits
fellow teamster told me last night that he called Jim in Central Dispatch about getting his "assigned" truck back, Jim tells him that that truck belongs to Holland not him. I've been trying to retrieve my truck for 3 weeks now and GR is refusing to send it to me. Apparently our days of assigned trucks are going bye bye. Another way Holland is trying to tell IBT that they will do as they please, and they don't care about drivers having "assigned" trucks. Think I'll go find me a 17 series and start driving it and tell central to "suck it up buttercup" we don't have assigned trucks anymore.

Well what caused all this , is a few a-hole driver's running their mouths on driver's room and shaking their finger in other driver's faces ,saying that's my truck & stay the F out of it and nobody else can drive it !!!! bottom line is a few jerks have ruined it for the rest of ya !!! so thank them the next time they are talking smack driver's room about it's their truck & nobody else can drive it !!! and check the state reg. slip & see who's name is on it ???:burn:

Long time ago when I was younger man I recall a driver flipping out about some guy who knows who driving his truck while he was out for the day and a SR. mechanic who had been around for awhile asked "your truck"? Driver replied "yeah my Truck!"
The mechanic asked "do you allow the company to put their name on your car?" driver said no it's my car! Mechanic replied End of conversation

Never had assigned trucks at YRC, they don't honor home loads, they don't give first in the longest load, they don't pay layover and wait time together unless you file, they always use the excuse "I didn't set up the board" when you ask why you are getting bent over. Pretty soon we will be the "Swift" of the ltl industry with no pension and automatic trucks so we can hire a whole bunch more of "steering wheel holders"! Maybe we are already considered the "Swift" of the ltl industry and I have not been paying attention. Oh well at least my wife knows where I am on the weekends now that I run seven days a week!

If there are no assigned trucks then why does Holland put a driver's name on a truck when they reach 1 Million, 2 Million, etc.?
I guarantee you it's not for the guy driving the truck! I am sure they think it is good PR and maybe they can get some poor sucker to drive our trucks if their name is on the side of the door.

If there are no assigned trucks then why does Holland put a driver's name on a truck when they reach 1 Million, 2 Million, etc.?
Its a company option. Abf Yrc and cf was all slip seat. Its not a contract thing is a company choice. I work for ABF. I'd love an assigned truck. Wouldn't like waiting on a yard guy to switch trucks though. Would take forever

Its a company option. Abf Yrc and cf was all slip seat. Its not a contract thing is a company choice. I work for ABF. I'd love an assigned truck. Wouldn't like waiting on a yard guy to switch trucks though. Would take forever
When I worked for YRC you got use to not having your own truck, you traveled light and on a good night you would pull into the terminal on one side of the office and your next tractor already hooked up to a set would be sitting on the other side of the office. No waiting just bing bing and making the company money again! Life was good I would still be over there doing it if they didn't have COO's.

I work for ABF. I'd love an assigned truck. Wouldn't like waiting on a yard guy to switch trucks though. Would take forever
Switch your tractor out for free and...voila...assigned truck...:butt kiss:

When I worked for YRC you got use to not having your own truck, you traveled light and on a good night you would pull into the terminal on one side of the office and your next tractor already hooked up to a set would be sitting on the other side of the office. No waiting just bing bing and making the company money again! Life was good I would still be over there doing it if they didn't have COO's.
At one time they a signed tractors per regions. Such as triples out west new england, turnpike , 309 , east. And then 3 million plus. Some you wish you could keep and a lot you were glad you didn't

Also roadway had about 59 r so trucks. 438 s that the government allowed them experiment with all types of vendor parts . They assigned 5 to so many terminals , with the same driver. A year later they cked mileage and etc. A yr later cked the mileage of those same truck per slip seat operations, the mileage doubled. So they stayed with slip seat deal.

There's nothing better than climbing into your truck for the day, and it's one that you haven't been in for a couple of weeks, and there is enough crumbs, French Fries, peanuts, pop bottles, and small potato chip bags laying on the floor to fill a small garbage bag. Couple that with some fresh sweaty ass stink from the dirt bags that have been driving it and heck........you've got yourself a happy camper.
Sure is odd how the above all goes away with assigned tractors. But try to tell that to a pencil pusher.
:regretful:

There's nothing better than climbing into your truck for the day, and it's one that you haven't been in for a couple of weeks, and there is enough crumbs, French Fries, peanuts, pop bottles, and small potato chip bags laying on the floor to fill a small garbage bag. Couple that with some fresh sweaty ass stink from the dirt bags that have been driving it and heck........you've got yourself a happy camper.
Sure is odd how the above all goes away with assigned tractors. But try to tell that to a pencil pusher.
:regretful:
U r correct by the time you get use to the handling and trash left over. It's to get out and start over again. Again some you would k
LIKE TO KEEP and Some you don't performance wise and Cleanness

U r correct by the time you get use to the handling and trash left over. It's to get out and start over again. Again some you would k
LIKE TO KEEP and Some you don't performance wise and Cleanness
I hate to keep referring to the past, but when I ran for YRC and we jumped from tractor to tractor I don't think the amount of service the trucks needed or the amount of garbage in the trucks was any greater than having city drivers take your trucks while you are at the motel. Yes occasionally you will get in a tractor after a slob but the same could be said for occasionally you get into your tractor after a slob city driver was in it all day. I really think this whole conversation is a waste of time, I know if anybody wanted to make a wager, I would definitely put my money on the status quo.

All that's gonna do is ensure more senior men will leave sooner than planned. I understand slip seat operations are how LTL has operated for years but guys are accustomed to how Holland has been and if you get rid of it it's only going to do more harm than good.

But then again if senior men leave with vacation time and everything else it works out for holland to replace them with rookies at bottom pay and no paid time off.