XPO | No more forced lunch on Linehaul.

Whoopdee doo, now I am forced to take a lunch before my 5th hour...why do they think they know better than the guy driving the truck, when it's time to take a break? I work inbound for about 4-5 hours before I leave to go out on my route. I like to keep that momentum from the dock and knock out a good chunk of stops before I shut down for 30 minutes (just long enough to get stiff and sore lol). Now I'm practically forced to take lunch before I even head out. Early cutoff deliveries and pickups, be damned.

Whoopdee doo, now I am forced to take a lunch before my 5th hour...why do they think they know better than the guy driving the truck, when it's time to take a break? I work inbound for about 4-5 hours before I leave to go out on my route. I like to keep that momentum from the dock and knock out a good chunk of stops before I shut down for 30 minutes (just long enough to get stiff and sore lol). Now I'm practically forced to take lunch before I even head out. Early cutoff deliveries and pickups, be damned.
Why are you worried about early cutoff deliveries and pickups? That's for management to resolve. Your job is to take a meal/rest break when you're supposed to, like normal human workers.

Why are you worried about early cutoff deliveries and pickups? That's for management to resolve. Your job is to take a meal/rest break when you're supposed to, like normal human workers.
But you don’t understand.
I can be home 30 seconds earlier.
Sit and text for 25 minutes, instead of eating.
Not get caught in rush hour traffic.
Call other drivers to bitch about XPO.
Park behind Home Depot and text .
Call wife to complain about something.
Park my tractor in the yard, and walk across the lot on the phone.
Post on TB that they just don’t have time to stop to eat, because of, all the above.

So you guys are working 12-14 hours without a break of any type ?
Yup just like most of the XPH LH drivers who never took either.
The wars stories I hear was back in the day it was expected. I sure you were more then happy to do it with your dirty knees.

Man your starting to sound like OV-10 when he was bitching about the new PROs. You are paid by the hour. Missing stops is not your problems, don't worry the freight will be there tomorrow. It all about price, not service.

Lh dsr’s are no longer forced to take a 30 minute lunch. As long as you have your 30 on duty/not driving, your legal. Obviously if you want it or need it, take it. Stay safe.
You forgot to add what was also in that memo: Now hourly employee's, city and dock can now only punch in no more then 5 mins before there shift, but now they can punch in as much as 5min past there start time and still not be late. It is only if they punch in 6mins after there start time will they be considered late.
Another change in LH on dispatch times. It was you dispatch time plus 15mins. So if your dispatch time was 2001 you had till 2016 to dispatch. Now it only a 10min grace.
So city driver gained 5mins and LH lost 5mins.