No pay raise

would not surprise me I have been saying all along that it was going to happen and he will still want his medical ins. money every week. But seeing as how I left the company a month ago it really does not pertain to me any more

would not surprise me I have been saying all along that it was going to happen and he will still want his medical ins. money every week. But seeing as how I left the company a month ago it really does not pertain to me any more

I am not saying that it won't happen, but I do not think it is good to speak like it is a done deal. However, just look at the industry and what is going on.

As for you moving on, I do wish you well. But remember that your now working 3rd shift and I would watch what your employer is doing with their southern PA operations and they are all non-union (unlike union up in the upstate NY region)............they could easily service this market from PA...........but that would be a while out in time.........if at all.

Like I said, good luck and see you around.

It was voted on, and the company lost.

The company wanted to hold back the first raise of the contract (year 2), and still pick up the bill for the insurance for another year. Problem was they weren't gonna give it all back by the end of this contract. Of course they said if it was defeated that they were gonna make other cuts elsewhere, which most would think would be more lay-offs. Look around, we're actually getting busy. We need the guys laid off back and need new people too. So thankfully the union membership up there didn't listen to the companies empty threats and told them no. As usual with our brain dead management, they were a day late and a dollar short on this one. They probably could have got what they wanted at the end of last year when it was actually slow, but they screwed themselves by waiting.

DEAD ISSUE!

I don't really want to say much about this, but if the company is losing % of profit compared to last year, I think they are going to try and recover that percentage.
In NY, and NJ, our governors that originally told us to conserve energy and save money are not getting "their" tax revenue this year, so they cannot reach their budgets. What they have done is raise taxes on everything to bring that $ back in. I don't know about you guys but I am glad my raise is going to come this year and personally could not afford to not get a raise. So I would have to vote this down if it came to us.

i had heard from another driver at my term is that the raise wasnt going into effect this year, but the union and company were talking and the union didnt want to give into not having us get the raise, but for us to give up something as in a holiday like good friday can anyone really say whast the hell is going on here....i hate hearing 7 different versions to which 6 are not correct gotta love the hearsay in the terminals...

Ugh

i had heard from another driver at my term is that the raise wasnt going into effect this year, but the union and company were talking and the union didnt want to give into not having us get the raise, but for us to give up something as in a holiday like good friday can anyone really say whast the hell is going on here....i hate hearing 7 different versions to which 6 are not correct gotta love the hearsay in the terminals...

Ok, one more time.

For you to not get your raise, it must be voted on by you. The company and union can't just decide to not give you a raise. That is a major change to the contract that has to be voted on by the union membership.

BOTTOM LINE--
Unless they vote for no raise in your terminal, you're gonna get it. If you want details about what went down in Albany, PM me.

Here's what happened

The Company asked the Union, if the Union workers from all the terminals would forgo their pay raise this year, and that they would pay them back over the next 3 years of the contract, plus there would be NO deduction for health ins, including No raise of co-payments, and prescription cost, until they pay us the entire balance back. The Union said to them, we have a contract in place, but if you want to ask the workers to do this out of their hearts, you can, but we will not sanction this request, we will only monitor and be their for a vote from each terminal as their pay raises come up. They started, and ended with the Albany, Burlington terminals which both are under one contract. The vote was 39 NO, to 26 yes . No further mention or request was asked to go any further. If you need any other info on this matter please send me a PM. Please let this issue DIE NOW!

The Company asked the Union, if the Union workers from all the terminals would forgo their pay raise this year, and that they would pay them back over the next 3 years of the contract, plus there would be NO deduction for health ins, including No raise of co-payments, and prescription cost, until they pay us the entire balance back. The Union said to them, we have a contract in place, but if you want to ask the workers to do this out of their hearts, you can, but we will not sanction this request, we will only monitor and be their for a vote from each terminal as their pay raises come up. They started, and ended with the Albany, Burlington terminals which both are under one contract. The vote was 39 NO, to 26 yes . No further mention or request was asked to go any further. If you need any other info on this matter please send me a PM. Please let this issue DIE NOW!

Actually I don't think they were gonna get all the money back this contract, which was a major issue for the membership.

Business is starting to pick up, They or we don't have time for this stuff. Time to start moving some freight.:shift:

freight is picking up at term 52...with some guys that work at night not being called in to help, it's cutting things just alittle to close to comfort especially if we start missing pickups...but that should fall on the dispatchers lap not ours..you cant save money by not working guys and then missing pickups...your LOSING money we cant afford right now