Yellow | Non union to loose vacation

Sorry to hurt your feelings Boilerpeddle. I have heard enough how the Teamsters say they are the only ones giving back. I have given back as much or more than the hourly Teamster has given up. I know there are Thousands laid off, obviously they have forced to give way more than me. I don't like it either, but at present it sure beats not working.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Boilerpeddle. I have heard enough how the Teamsters say they are the only ones giving back. I have given back as much or more than the hourly Teamster has given up. I know there are Thousands laid off, obviously they have forced to give way more than me. I don't like it either, but at present it sure beats not working.

Thx for sharing your side Happy2. I think the big issues upsetting the non management workers are two fold. First I think they feel top level execs should cut their million plus income/bonuses and second I think they feel there should be more low level management layoffs. Hearing of 3 supervisors for 6 or 7 men seems to happen many places.

Just to be fair the Teamsters need to lay off on the grievances for a while. Maybe a grievance holiday? Its unfortunate but I don't think we need valets anymore either.

I will explain this once - we lost pension LAST year. We lost bonus LAST year. We took the same 10% cut the first of the year. We lost 401K the first of the year. We have lost jobs. Should we lose more, yes and I know it is coming.

I have been looking for another job, but have not found anything that is comparable. But I will continue to look and hopefully will find something soon.

well, let's see: you gave up 10% & pension. I gave up 100%, pension, H&W, my house, trying to hang on to the vehicles. Hmmm...wonder who got the shaft, & who didn't. :moon2:::shit:::ranting2:

Just to be fair the Teamsters need to lay off on the grievances for a while. Maybe a grievance holiday? Its unfortunate but I don't think we need valets anymore either.

So if I see a dock supervisor doing work that one of the laid off teamsters should be doing, I should look the other way and say grievance holiday? UM NOPE!! Don't violate the contract and there won't be any reason to file a grievance.

First of all, You can't hurt my feelings. I have been doing this internet thing since before the internet and people used to be absolutely brutal so you had to have a thick skin. The nicest of corrections would get you instantly banned today. Second, I feel for you. I know a lot of good non union people have taken it on the chin. Here at Holland our folks have taken a pay cut and seen a doubling of their workload(because they got rid of a bunch of people, sounds like yrc needs to do the same but thats another story) . Our supervision has the same goals that we do. Do a good job so that we can do it again tomorrow.
But when everyone is pi$$ed off it makes it hard to make sound decisions.

BUT when you came in and said "I will explain this once" like it was the word of god and we better pay attention it reminded me of someone who might be part of the problem.

Why do the teamsters need to worry about being fair? If the company does not follow the contract file away. Do not let them destroy the NMFA.

I was told tonight.That management and non union employees vacation will be frozen from 7/01/2009 to 6/30/2010.This is all that they have to give up ,while we loose our pension.What a pile of ::shit::!

You must have forgotten my post of a few days ago?......well here it is again....KK

OK guys....I get PMs from everyone with info...but this one I want to share with you....I have blocked a few items to protect the employee...but as he said....they have suffered too!....KK

Quote:
The 10% cut change from "temporary" to "indefinite" two months ago. I believe a better word for the 10% non-union cut is permanent.

Last summer, our pension stopped. Some people say frozen. Basically, the company permananently stopped contributing to a pension plan for non-union employees with nothing to replace it. They said they would have a 401k starting in January, but it never happened.

My retirement is whatever I personally have saved. While I do save, I have young children, and I'll probably have to work well into my 70s.

My medical benefits cover less and less each year and the co-pays go up each year. I spend over $500 per month to cover my family with the company insurance.

Finally, I haven't had a bonus since 2007. Even then, the bonus was mostly stock options which are totally useless - worth absolutely $0. Unless the stock price goes over $20, I get $0. If I quit, get fired or get laid off, I get nothing. They expire in 10 years of which at least 2.5 years is gone. I have other options that require the stock price to be over $50 before they are worth anything. Those are 4 years old.

Zollars and his direct reports (about 12 people) have special bonuses that even the Sr VPs don't get (deferred compensation), but the vast majority of non-union staff haven't gotten anything for a while and won't get anything for a while.

That said, even though the economy is tough, other companies do provide pensions, salary increases, and bonuses. We've lost a bunch of people to competitors and several to other industries. Tighten down on the non-union employees too much, and our best non-union employees will continue to leave.
Now you have it from the otherside!.......KK

I agree a lot of the management are doing what they are told to do by upper management we have a dock foreman a nice guy who has a wife and kids who said that he can not afford to give up anymore and his work load has doubled while our upper management are falling over top of one another :TR10driving03:

I will explain this once - we lost pension LAST year. We lost bonus LAST year. We took the same 10% cut the first of the year. We lost 401K the first of the year. We have lost jobs. Should we lose more, yes and I know it is coming.

I have been looking for another job, but have not found anything that is comparable. But I will continue to look and hopefully will find something soon.

no disrespect to Happy 2 but you do not seem 2 happy:smilie_132:

Mgmt

I don't think the problem is in cutting front line supers pay and bennies.I feel the problem is we have too much middle and upper mgmt.Do we honestly need 10 divisional directors of operations and staff?Do we honestly need 5-10 assistant directors of operations and staff per division? All these people to report the same thing(we're losing money and operating poorly).
I have a plan......cut all of those middle management jobs and staff and pay me half of there salaries and I will call the TM's and tell them there not making there numbers.
I'm not hard-core, yet until we start downsizing the exorbant waste of people and duplication of services and jobs(alot of people doing the same job,just with a different title) It doesn't matter how much pay and bennies they cut.
We can operate a hell of alot more effieciently with a cut in this chain of command bull@@@#.Why can't each terminal with our technology report to 1 central location and answer to 1 director of operations nationally.
Hell,as a p & d driver I can't even tell the customers the name of the company(this week its YRC) next week who knows.There is NO planning or vision and without that we're dead in the water.Where and what is all the upper management doing?Think about it!

And one other thing while we are talking about middle management. Before we got bought there were two people between me and the president. My direct supervisor and the tm. No VPs no regional coordinators or whatever they are called, no made up jobs for freinds who don't have anything better to do. Now I am sure that somewhere there was a little of it but nothing like now.
Ok enough about holland in a yrc forum. Sorry but just have to rant sometimes.

You must have forgotten my post of a few days ago?......well here it is again....KK

OK guys....I get PMs from everyone with info...but this one I want to share with you....I have blocked a few items to protect the employee...but as he said....they have suffered too!....KK

Quote:
The 10% cut change from "temporary" to "indefinite" two months ago. I believe a better word for the 10% non-union cut is permanent.

Last summer, our pension stopped. Some people say frozen. Basically, the company permananently stopped contributing to a pension plan for non-union employees with nothing to replace it. They said they would have a 401k starting in January, but it never happened.

My retirement is whatever I personally have saved. While I do save, I have young children, and I'll probably have to work well into my 70s.

My medical benefits cover less and less each year and the co-pays go up each year. I spend over $500 per month to cover my family with the company insurance.

Finally, I haven't had a bonus since 2007. Even then, the bonus was mostly stock options which are totally useless - worth absolutely $0. Unless the stock price goes over $20, I get $0. If I quit, get fired or get laid off, I get nothing. They expire in 10 years of which at least 2.5 years is gone. I have other options that require the stock price to be over $50 before they are worth anything. Those are 4 years old.

Zollars and his direct reports (about 12 people) have special bonuses that even the Sr VPs don't get (deferred compensation), but the vast majority of non-union staff haven't gotten anything for a while and won't get anything for a while.

That said, even though the economy is tough, other companies do provide pensions, salary increases, and bonuses. We've lost a bunch of people to competitors and several to other industries. Tighten down on the non-union employees too much, and our best non-union employees will continue to leave.
Now you have it from the otherside!.......KK

For those of us that have seen this post , what happens Jan. 2010 ? They may have to keep giving back or they may go back to full pay with full benefits . We are obligated to give back until the end of the contract , so why shouldn't they share the same length of the burden ? And how much has Dollar Bill , Smid , and the twelve disciples given up ? Every union man , that works for YRC , has given back . Why shouldn't ALL of the non-union employee's give back ? Especially those that can most afford too , and are most responsible for the bad decisions that have magnified our problems !!

It's Sad

It's sad to see the hate in some of the posts on this site just because someone is union or nonunion... Everyone is hurting and it's terrible for anyone to lose their job in this economy regardless of whether they belong to the union or not...

Non union employees have lost all pension payments, not deferred but lost... The 10% wage cuts have been made indefinite... Yearly merit raises have been indefinitely suspended... Bonuses have been eliminated... They work a mandatory 50 hour work week and of course that's without any overtime consideration.. Of course they also pay a portion of their health insurance premiums which for family coverage can be considerable...

The top executives whether with YRC or with the Teamsters will not be the ones who suffers, it's the regular employees whether union or nonunion... It's time for the indivduals to realize the hate they show in their posts only show what a low class individual they have become.. Everyone is suffering, both union and nonunion...

I spoke with a sales person today,and they confirmed that the vacation freeze was true or PTO time is what they called it.I think the info just got out a little to soon.It is supposed to be for all the YRCW companies. That is what they were told.Now why would any of our sales people even stay after loosing all their perks.

I know the sales people have to give there cars back when the lease comes up, they will get a car allowence for using there own cars, but havent heard about the vacation yet.

The Captain of the SINKING SHIP must go!

OK!

We will vote for a 14 month pension freeze…
Only when the incompetent Zollars is removed…

We are going to give and give and nothing from the top is changing….Vote YES to remove Zollars…….:Off-Topic:

OK!

We will vote for a 14 month pension freeze…
Only when the incompetent Zollars is removed…

We are going to give and give and nothing from the top is changing….Vote YES to remove Zollars…….:Off-Topic:

What's going to happen is everyone thinks they will be able to get rid of Zollars by threatening to vote no, but multimillionaire that he is, he won't be the one to suffer one bit if the place closes. He will be the hero of the corporate world that brought down the mighty Teamsters (people aren't too hot on unions right now). And we will have 40,000 or so ex-Teamsters out looking for union jobs that don't exist. And retirees that lose their pensions. We just don't have a choice. We have to at least fight to stay open.