SAIA | northeast expansion?

suicidejockey

TB Regular
Credits
anybody heard any rumors that we are on the verge of expanding into the northeast my terminal has added a second system driver and we barely have enough freight to keep the 5 of us there on the road plus we have added fuel and moved into bigger more modern buildings at most of the terminals that border the northeast area. all that along with all the new eqipment and the sudden boom in the stock price makes me very hopeful :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick has made it perfectly clear he wants to grow our existing network...not realy intrestded in the northeast unless its a serious bargain

I use to think that the company would expand to the NE but what a union headache that would be. Read through the USPS and YRC sections on the LTL section of this forum and you get a sense of the chaos having to deal with the unions, funding to the pension funds, and the contract fights every 5 years. What a headache.

You people are clueless when it comes to the union!
really, Akita? We are on the outside and looking in at the chaos and we don't want any part of it. You are a union guy from ABF and you are telling another union company to leave you alone even though the merger may help them financially. So much for helping your brothers and sisters.

AkitaDog
The union should hold their feet to the fire and get these brothers and sisters back everything that was taken from them before they can even think about buying anything!Better yet just leave us ABF people alone!

ill make it short and sweet the teamsters can cram it up their crying whiney a$$es and if you don't work for saia you don't have a place in this discussion anyways i would just as soon stay (clueless)about the union myself!!!!!!! the nation has enough trouble out of the liberal side right now anyways and the teamsters support obama 100%

I have heard rumors b/4 of you guys buying a NE Carrier to expand here. There are more Non-Union then Union Carriers now in the NE.

Years ago Saia was mainly an I-10 company. They bought other companies to expand to the other parts of the country. With terminals in Michigan, Ohio, and Virginia, they could expand into the NE by opening new terminals or they could buy into the area. It's anybody's guess.

The NE is a tough market for ltl. If Saia was to expand up here they would be better to wait for a company to buy then build terminals. I wouldn't even imagine the bs involved in trying to open up a new trucking terminal up here.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm,maybe New Century.Im sure some of them guys would be happy for that change.Youre line drivers will love it.Jersey,New York,etc with the traffic,weather,tolls,****ty roads and stuff.Hurry up and join in on the fun,lol..

Drive on *****ty roads all the time in winter in my neck of the woods, so that's no big deal. Also have been on both sides of the union/ non-union fence. Expansion may come down the road,but looks like it may be a waiting game to see what happens with the big dogs(YRC). Just an opinion guys and gals..

Driving through the Cross Bronx Expressway,it feels and sounds like your truck is coming apart.If I never had to go back to the northeast,it would be too soon,lol..