R&L | norwalk

trucker son

TB Lurker
Credits
are there any norwalk people out there?
let's hear what you think of the way our terminal is being run.
if your related to viock your doing fine.how long to you think he will last as as TM?

601 people veiwed only 2 answered. even scared to give their opinion on here. typical of norwalk people. no balls-all talk.
No balls??? Are you not hiding behind a screen name? At least from my screen name you know exactly who I am. What is so horrible about our Terminal? Corporate makes some decisions that we don't agree with or understand, and our Terminal Management is forced to go along with, why is that their fault? If it is so terrible why stick around? Ask anybody who has left how green the grass is. My paychecks don't bounce and that makes me very happy!

bigfoot? no we don't know who you are. and i was only stating a fact and asking for opinions. look in the office and see how many are related to chris or are dating his family members. they had no qualifiecations to be given the titles that they have. why aren't their hours getting cut like the drivers are???

You must not be a driver. They know who I am. Are the hours getting cut, or are the drivers just being held accountable for the wasted time that has been acceptable for so long. I'm guilty of goofing off on the road before just the same as anybody. But, can we blame mangement for trying to cut out the waste? If I have any comment it would be that operations is now cracking down on the excess hours that they have allowed for years. (i.e. waiting in the drivers for 30-45 minutes before punching out.) You could say that the problem they are trying to correct is one they ignored, you might say encouraged, for years. Why do you care who the office employees date? Were you turned down or dumped?

BigFoot, are you a city or linehaul driver. I only ask since I deal with Brian the out-bound Supervisor at your place and he seems like a decent dude. When he calls me looking for help on moving some frt he either gets stuck with or some other terminal dumped on him I try and find a way to keep it moving.

What do you think? Decent guy? So far if he needs help he always calls and asks. A lot of Out-Bound Supervisors just send out of matrix frt without the thought of even calling another terminal. Then the poor guy on the other end is left with trying to figure out how to move it. Pretty tough when your always understaffed!!

i just think trucker son [the shop guy] is under informed about what is going on. i didnt know chris had so many relatives working there.as for the wasting of time bigfoot we can not waste company time we get paid a flat rate,maybe it is the shop that is wasting time go in there thirty minutes before they get off and see what they are doing. lol!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know who you are and dont care who you are, but you sure sound like a real kiss *** that gets his own way good trips and has his nose where the sun dont shine

:ranting2::biglaugh:bigfoot,what nerve you have!!to even compare the time a driver spends getting off the yard to the time the company requires the driver to sacrifice is ludicrous.first thing, to get off the yar you have paperwork to do, if you ever get it,perhaps bulk placards to make up, then you have to find your trailer, which at wil can be a real chore since they keep changing bldgs, areas of the yard, etc. then,you have to finish hooking your pups.proplem,cant get somthing working, trailer shop.now, excuse me if it takes 30 to do all this, oh wait.forgot the pretrip.remember that process your video showed us on pretrip.lets see, do all this in 30 minutes.wait, is it legal to require a driver to work for nothing, which when you are required to show up before your cut time to be ready to go is exactly what the company is doiung. get out from behind your desk and see what we have to go thru before you make asinine comments like you just posted.not especially insulting you, just your attitude.

just wondering.....You need to re-read my original post. I never said anything about the time it takes to leave the yard. Don't complain to me about having to finish hooking your pups, the Terminal I run to we are required to split our set, put them both away, then hook your own set to come home with. No yard truck. The time difference with me having 2 sets of pups or 2 single trailers is only about 10 minutes in the yard. In the snow, which BUF does get sometimes, adds about 5 minutes. The more you do it, the better you are at it. The time I was referring to was the clock watching after the work is done to get the extra time in. I don't mean waiting until the next 1/4 hour clicks past, I mean the extra 1/2 and 3/4. And my desk looks alot like the steering wheel in a Mack Truck. Been driving these green 2 doors for 13 years now. And DIGGER......If you were calling me an a** smoocher that gets his own way, I'm not an extra board driver, I have the same bid run for 5 years now. Some night when the lake effect is in full force and it is snowing 2-3 in/hr, I'll trade runs with ya and you can enjoy splitting and hooking your own pups in a foot of unplowed snow.

bigfoot do you mean like when a driver gets his bills then does all his other crap then pulls up in front of the gate and goes in and bullshits for 15 or 20 minutes before he leaves while us l/h guys are going through the maze of tractor trailers and straight trucks trying to get in the yard? or do you mean at the end of their shift when they dont have time to fuel trucks because they dont get paid to do it but can stand around talking for 15 or 20 minutes waiting for the next quarter hour?