R&L | norwalk

ok bigfoot.just trying to make a couple of points. did not mean to insult you with the desk bit.i do realize there is some b.s. time leaving the yard.i just think the time we all have to spend waiting for the company is almost robbery. i realize things dont go smoothly, but the company does it to excess. i am a team driver, which i guess is my fault.we sit sometimes 4,5 hours or more/ my attitude about the company is about shot after the way we have been done this year,again,my problem.i also get the pleasure of doing a lot of my own hooks and double drops, so once again we are all still in the same boat, as we go into a lot of smaller yards.

bigfoot do you mean like when a driver gets his bills then does all his other crap then pulls up in front of the gate and goes in and bullshits for 15 or 20 minutes before he leaves while us l/h guys are going through the maze of tractor trailers and straight trucks trying to get in the yard? or do you mean at the end of their shift when they dont have time to fuel trucks because they dont get paid to do it but can stand around talking for 15 or 20 minutes waiting for the next quarter hour?

Sounds like your terminal may have a few problems. I'm a city driver and once we get our bills which can be a while due to L/H being so damned behind we don't have time to use the bathroom never mind park at the gate and BS.Try leaving the yard at 10 or 11 in the morning with 15 or 16 bills and then about 2 or 3 stops into your day your dispatcher starts hitting you with P/Us.Most days I don't get to my first del until 1130 or 1200.Thats why Im worried about dropping of a heart attack,the stress is getting to be too much.

OMG I did not know how much of a professional person you were. I mean holey crap did you say 5 or 7 yrs. What you, sir, do not understand is it is not how fast you can perform the task or job in hand, but is it right and was it done safely. Now did you say 10 min to break and hook a set. Now that is post tripping the set you just drought in and breaking. Then you are hooking up and pre tripping the other set and ready to go in ten min. or fifteen. BIGFOOT I say to you that you are an accident looking for a place to happen. Where in the world have you got the right to post and pre trip equipment in under 1 hr or 45 min. You sir are dangerous to yourself and everybody else that takes the equipment you just droped. I know for a fact you sir did not do any post or pre trip of your equipment. Like I said you sir are a safety risk to you and others and not just drivers. Here is why I said you must be a KISS *** because you should be written up for not following the company, or federal rules and reg. Plus you sir are also falsifying official company, and federal documentation. Yes mister pro. 7 years is that total driving or just with R&L. I'll get back to you later. Well gentleman what do you think of MR. BIGFOOT now. Not so prof. is he lol

bigfoot,sorry you live in buffalo.woul dnt wish that on anyone.tell you what, ill trade you your run for 406 miles of wyoming in january.not saying its any worse, but just to let you know some of us get to share your joy.or see truckdivers post on how he spent christmas.you dont have a corner on bad weather.you just have it almost every day.like i said, sorry you live in that part of the country.

DIGGER.....Maybe you should read the whole post and not just a few sentences. I never said my inspections take me only 10 minutes. When I have pups, I spend about 10 more minutes with them than I would with a single trailer. I'll put my post and pre trip inspections up against anyones. I probably still have my score sheet from the last rodeo we had around here somewhere. Slacking off with the inspections would mean less time in the shop, but I don't mind the time in the shop, the safety factor is worth it to me. Not sure where you came up with the 7 years figure, I've been a driver for R&L for 13 years. I hope you do a better job of spelling on your "official company and federal documentation". I'd hate to see you obtain a violation for it.

Sounds like your terminal may have a few problems. I'm a city driver and once we get our bills which can be a while due to L/H being so damned behind we don't have time to use the bathroom never mind park at the gate and BS.Try leaving the yard at 10 or 11 in the morning with 15 or 16 bills and then about 2 or 3 stops into your day your dispatcher starts hitting you with P/Us.Most days I don't get to my first del until 1130 or 1200.Thats why Im worried about dropping of a heart attack,the stress is getting to be too much.

Yeah try that with a route that actually at one time was serviced by three other trucks. With many liftgate deliveries, and 225-250 miles every day. I feel ya where u are coming from tho. When others do half the stops all dock freight and no where near the milage. But hey until you bring drops back, nothing will change.

Yeah try that with a route that actually at one time was serviced by three other trucks. With many liftgate deliveries, and 225-250 miles every day. I feel ya where u are coming from tho. When others do half the stops all dock freight and no where near the milage. But hey until you bring drops back, nothing will change.

Ive started bringing back stops now.No choice,there isnt enough time in the day anymore.