ODFL | NOT THE SAME O.D. Just another ltl company.

Start paying delay pay and full rate on breakdowns. Have dispatch ready when you say it’s going to be.Take care of your employees!! It’s going in the wrong direction. Do you wonder why people don’t want to work here do you wonder why senior drivers quit?
I'd hate to be in your shoes when Billy reads this post.

Just about done with trucking all together! Trying to decide,have enough to pay off house no other bills but not old enough to start SS. No health insurance.
I'm the same way brother...there has got to be a factory near you that's hiring till you are old enough for SS......the only thing that keeps me driving is my pension, without that I would already be in a factory job....

So if you blow a tire on a line run, you sit for 4 hours, you get zero pay? You don’t get paid waiting for you driver on a meet run? Is this correct?

I'm the same way brother...there has got to be a factory near you that's hiring till you are old enough for SS......the only thing that keeps me driving is my pension, without that I would already be in a factory job....
Exactly , screw all the liabilities that are beyond the control of a truck driver .
I always got a goodbye kiss from Mrs. Smokestack before walking out of the
house . We can not know or predict the actions of others along with the
blatant disregard for traffic laws and police . The sooner off the street the
better . Poor management and disrespect adds to the misery of trucking .

If I remember correctly it's something like 10 an hour for breakdown pay and no pay for waiting at the meet point or for trailers to close
That if your lucky, you gots to tell your manager then remind them the next 6 pay periods you keep not seeing it on your check,,,

Buck
I'd hate to be in your shoes when Billy reads this post.
eye is right,, company need to get with the times,, trucks are worn out junk with lots of breakdowns,, they need to fix that pay issue and have it a slot to enter when you complete your trip

If we breakdown are pay magically goes to 10$ an hour!!! As far as delay and breakdown pay you have to chase your boss down even after you fill the paperwork out. It’s a **** show. But the O.R is good.
Our tm is pretty good. Swing by in morning or shoot a text after getting home. Never not paid yet. The wage reduction is b.s. and one way I found to stop that on delay is to go get in the way on the dock for a bit.

I know the Cedar Rapids Bag and Barrel factory is hiring on all shifts. Pay starts out at $29.50 an hour….