Nothing New !! So time to talk safety ..

Riteway

TB Lurker
Credits
With the way traffic is and the congestion is , why would NCT load 53 ft trailers with swing doors for local delivery's ? with accidents up .. Maybe they should stop and look at someway to stop some of this .. You have Road trucks with a 53 ft trailer making local delivery's .. Now should these Road drivers be classify as local ... they are in a Immediate environment.. Is what the dictionary said .. Even the local drivers with 53 ft trailers with SWING doors are having a hard time getting around .. This is a safety problem for the drivers and the public according to the New Jersey State police ... Company's should be doing the safest things for the drivers.. 102 wide trailers , 53 ft shouldn't be on local streets ... They can buy a 70 inch TV to spy on the drivers ?? NO TO MICRO MANAGE is the right way to put it ? Werble you need some glasses you can't see all the J B HUNT rail trailers , I'm in North Jersey and i see them ...SAFETY STARTS in the offices , is what should be on the Driver Inst manifest ... I know the UNION made this happen !!! Maybe if the UNION was in , things would get better and safer ? That's my safety talk for today be safe drivers ...

How about this one ,we fill out VCR reports daily on our equipment so why is it that the shop never signs off on any repairs made to the equipment after a driver write up ? Maybe we should have a copy of the maintance reports after service to view ??

cant you go to the shop before you leave and ask them to look up who and if it was fixed? then maybe he could sign the book.

So another strategic sales guy quit Friday. Guess he was tired of being micro managed and belittled by the Roadway clowns that run this dump. Good luck TY. Show them they made a mistake. Central Nj pickup count will take a big hit.

Spoke to him sometime back .. and he was saying that no pay increases can't cut it .. Seven years now !!! And also wasn't happy with management .. So time for a new home and better pay .. So sad what is taking place ... Some good people are leaving ..

Sounds like if New Century was not busy fighting the teamsters things would be better. As long as the union is there to destroy the company it will continue to degrade.
It is sad how unions have destroyed every unionized LTL carrier..
Good luck..

Sounds like if New Century was not busy fighting the teamsters things would be better. As long as the union is there to destroy the company it will continue to degrade.
Good luck..

And how exactly has the union destroyed the unionized carriers?

Good luck..[/QUOTE
Yeah it's the teamsters fault NCT has crappy management

Good luck..

No, it sounds more like if New Century had treated it's workers better they wouldn't have needed the Teamsters.

Good luck..

Here we go again trying to blame the Union for the problems at NCT and all the other companies that have gone out of business in the past! First of all the problems at NCT were there prior to the attempt to organize. They however have gotten worse since our new management team took over. And for your information they were part of the Roadway Team prior to NCT. Evidently you haven't been in the trucking industry for too long or you would have personally experienced the poor management and corporate greed that were responsible for most of the companies going out of business in the 70's and 80's! Evidently you must be part of the management team because I find it hard to believe that if you're a driver here at NCT that you would be satisfied making the same pay and working for straight time along with paying constant increases in benefits . We gave NCT ample time to show a good faith gesture. I still have my car payments and other expenses! I don't receive auto expenses and if I get fired I don't receive my salary for a designated period of time. We work without a contract every day and could be terminated with nothing at any time! But your Executives make sure they cover their ass with their own contract! What's wrong with that picture! So don't make statements about the Union because their representation would be the best thing that will and I say will be good for all drivers at NCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$

the union has nothing to do with the bad mgmt thats in place now ,when they tell you Harrys way of doing business was bad thats your answer .Harry built two major companies and the mgmt that followed ran both into the ground