Central Transport | Notification of.Cobra benefits?

I understand that as long as your at Vitran your insurance will be in effect until the 1st of the year or until the terminal is closed, but then as soon as you go to Central you are under the central insurance the first day.

at our meeting we were told our insurance would stay the same until the end of the year. i can't expect c.t. to lie or be deceitful in any way, i believe in everything they say.

We received.the notice today. Hubby was told to report to ct last Monday night. I thought we would have Vitran Insurance until the first of Jan, too.

they also told us our drivers would go for training then return to our terminal and we would all come over at once when terminal was closed, well the drivers stayed permanently. i still believe in everything they tell me even though it does'nt turn out that way.

at our meeting we were told our insurance would stay the same until the end of the year. i can't expect c.t. to lie or be deceitful in any way, i believe in everything they say.
Lolol, kids say the darndest things

We received.the notice today. Hubby was told to report to ct last Monday night. I thought we would have Vitran Insurance until the first of Jan, too.

We haven't recieved any Cobra notification. Just were told that as of last friday we have no insurance. Just got braces put on one of the kids 20 days ago...

frogman, you need to turn to turtleman. keep a nice pace, triple check your work and obey all traffic laws. safety first, speed kills.

We haven't recieved any Cobra notification. Just were told that as of last friday we have no insurance. Just got braces put on one of the kids 20 days ago...
Are you sure? Call the insurance company and ask them if you are still covered. Maybe the person who told you didn't know what they were talking about. I'm another Vitran wife. We received a letter a few months ago telling us that we'd have Vitran insurance until the end of 2013. I'm sure you received the same letter since you thought you would be covered under Vitran until the end of the year. Recently, we were told that our coverage would switch over to CT at any time between now and the end of the year. We were assured there would be no break in coverage.

Notification or not, you'd qualify for COBRA by law if you no longer work for Vitran. If you're still working, I can't envision a scenario where you would not have coverage. I'll bet you that CT coverage will be retroactive so you don't have a lapse. It just feels like you have a lapse right now because you don't know your insurance policy. I'm a bit freaked out by not having a benefits package to review. The .gov site is available to consider our options but we don't even know if we qualify to buy other insurance until we know what insurance is available to us through CT.

when you transfer to a c.t. terminal, you get cherokee plan effective immediately. the bcbs ends at midnight prior to your first day at c.t.

when you transfer to a c.t. terminal, you get cherokee plan effective immediately. the bcbs ends at midnight prior to your first day at c.t.
Yeah, we've heard that, but we haven't been given any details whatsoever on the Cherokee plan. I'm confident it will be retroactive so there's no break in coverage, but it feels like a break in coverage when you don't have your new policy information. How do we even know which doctors to go to prior to CT getting around to giving us the information? It could cost us a lot of money to unknowingly go out of network.

Yeah, we've heard that, but we haven't been given any details whatsoever on the Cherokee plan. I'm confident it will be retroactive so there's no break in coverage, but it feels like a break in coverage when you don't have your new policy information. How do we even know which doctors to go to prior to CT getting around to giving us the information? It could cost us a lot of money to unknowingly go out of network.

The total lack of communication on CT's part in regards to Cherokee insurance makes it suspect for being bad. If it were good insurance, they would have promoted it as such to help draw you onboard their Star Flagship.

The total lack of communication on CT's part in regards to Cherokee insurance makes it suspect for being bad. If it were good insurance, they would have promoted it as such to help draw you onboard their Star Flagship.
I think they were just caught with their pants down. That's all. I've been in headquarters on the buying end of more than a few mergers. It's not easy. Even companies that do buyouts regularly as a business model can't do it smoothly. I can't tell you how many times I went into a warehouse filled with files from a merger searching for weeks for one elusive document. It's not like everything is handed to you on a silver platter when you buy a company. You get it as is. All the crap gets moved and stored, and you're left to sort it all out. That's why they usually keep the CFO of the company that was bought for a few years. I digress. CT doesn't need to "promote" to "draw people onboard" because CT can't possibly keep everyone. People who leave on their own will save them from paying unemployment.

So what I'm hearing is they will roll us over to there ins. without us picking a plan? Guess Matty knows what's best huh.

So what I'm hearing is they will roll us over to there ins. without us picking a plan? Guess Matty knows what's best huh.
not true they do give you three options depending on what deductible you want. Dental is only one

SUMMARY PLAN DESCRIPTION:
Additional information such as Summary Plan Description and Summary of Benefits Coverage's(SBC) is located at the internal website,
http://intra4.goctii.com under "Benefits Info" or by request at 1-800-201-0450
Haven't tried to log on, but I hope this helps. They offer 6 different PPO's, depending on where you live. Be ready for sticker shock.