New Penn | NP Teamsters wake up

freightguy1

TB Lurker
Credits
Perhaps you dont remember that your company is not separate and is actually owned by YRC. If you didnt like your new owner, you should have quit. If you dont want to vote for this concession, then again you should quit. YRC will not be able to amend its credit agreements without the full majority accepting the concessions.. the non union workers took another pay cut and have no 401k contributions (they didnt the privilege to vote on it)... I like my $19 hr job even with the 5% reduction.. try and find a job out there paying that much and try and apply at a non union carrier - you wont do well as an ex-teamster. NO ONE is going to buy NP. There is nothing left to buy.. YRC pledged all its assets to its creditors... No one is debating that Zollars was greedy and tried to take over the entire industry and it backfired... but I need my job and I voted yes and if we have to vote again I will vote YES again. I would rather have some pay than no pay not to mention the healthcare !!!

Don't worry new penn is awake now..you are right about the 19 hour job..been checking all over ..nobody pays more and if they do overtime is usually straight time..It is a killer to vote a pay cut but the biggest issue is the pension..I need 2 more years but now I will have to do 5 more..This year might not count because yrc hasnt payed into my penson since april..Do you remember a couple of years ago we went on strike?? The strike was to stop part timers and not have workers pay for benifits..Well, years later the strike was for no reason. They won...Now with today's stock report, yrc stock is recommended to sell..THEY HAVE MANAGED TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THEY OWN AND TAKE ALL THE PENSION WITH THEM..Good job tks for destroying NEW PENN>

Perhaps you dont remember that your company is not separate and is actually owned by YRC. If you didnt like your new owner, you should have quit. If you dont want to vote for this concession, then again you should quit. YRC will not be able to amend its credit agreements without the full majority accepting the concessions.. the non union workers took another pay cut and have no 401k contributions (they didnt the privilege to vote on it)... I like my $19 hr job even with the 5% reduction.. try and find a job out there paying that much and try and apply at a non union carrier - you wont do well as an ex-teamster. NO ONE is going to buy NP. There is nothing left to buy.. YRC pledged all its assets to its creditors... No one is debating that Zollars was greedy and tried to take over the entire industry and it backfired... but I need my job and I voted yes and if we have to vote again I will vote YES again. I would rather have some pay than no pay not to mention the healthcare !!!

Can you guys like move this to the YRC forum? I dont think it belongs here.

Well the non union employees would be able to vote on it if they belonged to the union and its there choice not to.I shouldnt be punished for that . these big shots like zollers need to be shown that they cant just do what they please and expect everyone to be ok with it i would like to know if mr zollers or any of those people up top have had to miss making a mortgage payment or did without decent food on the table i doubt it but they expect us to and they expect us to be ok with it well im not ok with it and neither are alot of the the other drivers and lower managment at new penn they should be raising the standard at the non union carriers not lowering ours if they wanna shut us down let them i dont agree with these conssesions and if they go through again ill be gone looking for a job somewhere else

Well the non union employees would be able to vote on it if they belonged to the union and its there choice not to.I shouldnt be punished for that . these big shots like zollers need to be shown that they cant just do what they please and expect everyone to be ok with it i would like to know if mr zollers or any of those people up top have had to miss making a mortgage payment or did without decent food on the table i doubt it but they expect us to and they expect us to be ok with it well im not ok with it and neither are alot of the the other drivers and lower managment at new penn they should be raising the standard at the non union carriers not lowering ours if they wanna shut us down let them i dont agree with these conssesions and if they go through again ill be gone looking for a job somewhere else
Slow down....relax... you only had 2 periods in that whole run-on sentence. Never mind, you had 2 too many!:biglaugh:

Sheetz (although non-union pays $20 and hour working 4-10's) and health benefits, there are others. So why did one look to join the union in the first place? What where you/they looking for? The money? the benefits? and the support to have and keep it?

Don't worry new penn is awake now..you are right about the 19 hour job..been checking all over ..nobody pays more and if they do overtime is usually straight time..It is a killer to vote a pay cut but the biggest issue is the pension..I need 2 more years but now I will have to do 5 more..This year might not count because yrc hasnt payed into my penson since april..Do you remember a couple of years ago we went on strike?? The strike was to stop part timers and not have workers pay for benifits..Well, years later the strike was for no reason. They won...Now with today's stock report, yrc stock is recommended to sell..THEY HAVE MANAGED TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THEY OWN AND TAKE ALL THE PENSION WITH THEM..Good job tks for destroying NEW PENN>

There was no strike a couple years ago. The last strike was in 94. Which reminds me. Whats the IBT doing with the 80-100 million they have in the strike fund??

I am assuming that "none of your business" response was for me (but you know what they say about assuming). I pay union dues just like everyone else that is unionized and in this case it is very much my business. And even if it wasn't, freedom of speech baby.
Bottom line, final answer...no matter how you want to put it. New Penn, despite Zollars gross mismanagement, despite the economy...New Penn has continued to make money. They asked for help, got it once and it wasn't enough. Asking for more yet again is just like a dentist saying "hey, let's pull some of those good teeth so I can practice and as a courtesy i'll charge you less of a fee" gee, wasn't that swell of him?

Did I miss something?

I thought this thread was moved from the general atmosphere. New Penn has a Forum...General Truckers can comment on New Penn Forum and on most Teamster Forums, although Teamsters can not comment on most of the non union Forums.

The Newpenn Teamsters did wake up with our last vote. But I guess The IBT thought we were sleep walking and we didn't get it right so we have to do a revote!!

I think we are awake and hopefully we will wake up some other people. I know we have gotten some people to sit up and start to think.

Yes I think we should stay awake, why let them walk all over us now, they really need this vote, both yrc and the ibt. What are they going to do for us??????

I want my job!!!

People, let's face it, we are men who want to work and if we vote no again we will be out of jobs. Even if they merge, there will be men losing jobs....I don't want to be one of them.

hey texas 1 PERHAPS you can tell when was the last time yrc showed a profit? WHEN WAS THAT?
npme can SHOW YOU ANY TME YOU LIKE -WE MAKE MONEY .

ZOLLAR RAN THE BOAT UPON THE ROCKS -NOT THE TEAMSTERS

The Newpenn Teamsters did wake up with our last vote. But I guess The IBT thought we were sleep walking and we didn't get it right so we have to do a revote!!

yea all those big heads with the teamstersdont want us out of a job because it will cut their money coming in and they will have to lay off now isnt that funny

yea all those big heads with the teamstersdont want us out of a job because it will cut their money coming in and they will have to lay off now isnt that funny

What YOU fail to understand is that they DON"T CARE ABOUT YOU ME OR ANYBODY ELSE. The fact remains that local halls WILL merge they haven't ORGANIZED in frieght in years.They did UPSF but not any kind of agreement we will ever see(NMFA). The IBT sold us out every company that has a union has been trying to for years. They don't need a rieght Division. The IBT is more interested in Municipalities, Police Officers, Waste Haulers ect... Were only 4% of the TEAMSTERS that is a FACT.