ABF | Numbers on the trucks

Tater Chip

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a question. Some of our P&D trucks have numberings that have been taped over. we have one truck that on our numbering system it begins with 3. Underneath the tape is another set of numbers. This set of numbers begin with 1. I was stringing a set for a road driver the other day and noticed that the number on his truck started with 1 also.
The question is this. Do all the Line Haul tractors have numbers starting with 1? Or do the line haul units have one set of numbers and the P&D units have their own set of numbers?

I have a question. Some of our P&D trucks have numberings that have been taped over. we have one truck that on our numbering system it begins with 3. Underneath the tape is another set of numbers. This set of numbers begin with 1. I was stringing a set for a road driver the other day and noticed that the number on his truck started with 1 also.
The question is this. Do all the Line Haul tractors have numbers starting with 1? Or do the line haul units have one set of numbers and the P&D units have their own set of numbers?

Just guessing but is it possible these were road units that have been downgraded to city use and given a city unit #?

Unit Numbers

City equipment numbers start with 3. Road fleet numbers start with 1. The second digit is the year put in service. A unit that has been put in city use from the road fleet will have the 1 changed to 3. Example the 2004 Macks that have been put in the city this year will be 34_ _ _. 14123 will become 34123.

City equipment numbers start with 3. Road fleet numbers start with 1. The second digit is the year put in service. A unit that has been put in city use from the road fleet will have the 1 changed to 3. Example the 2004 Macks that have been put in the city this year will be 34_ _ _. 14123 will become 34123.
Thanks Doc that answered my my question completly. In fact,your numbers are very close to the numbers on the trucks here at 005