ODFL | O.D. vs Conway

Got handfuls of them at my barn... All seem happy. Few mentioned they wished they would have made the move MUCH sooner.

Reactions: Ump
If you work out west, come on over. We could use some experience drivers.

I'm a former Con-vict. It's s much better place here. With that being said, if you currently work at a terminal with an X or a U, I would recommend being a linehaul driver for OD. No overtime in the city will negatively affect you and believe me, OD will take advantage of it, to the tune of about 56-58 hours a week.

I'm a former Con-vict. It's s much better place here. With that being said, if you currently work at a terminal with an X or a U, I would recommend being a linehaul driver for OD. No overtime in the city will negatively affect you and believe me, OD will take advantage of it, to the tune of about 56-58 hours a week.
That sounds like a job for BillyLo!

If OD were actually in Canada, I'd sign on for linehaul for sure. But they're not. Speedy Transport runs their domestic Canadian linehaul in Ontario and Quebec.

I currently work at a terminal that starts with "N" , the work at OD would be easier b/c of being better managed. CW is a mess down here , last min decisions with del / ups. I am at the tail end of my career , I just would not like to have the terminal closed b/c we are not profitable b/c of poor local management. Everyone would like to retire on their own terms . CW is a 20 min drive , OD is about 45 mins. I would to work at least another 2 yrs

I currently work at a terminal that starts with "N" , the work at OD would be easier b/c of being better managed. CW is a mess down here , last min decisions with del / ups. I am at the tail end of my career , I just would not like to have the terminal closed b/c we are not profitable b/c of poor local management. Everyone would like to retire on their own terms . CW is a 20 min drive , OD is about 45 mins. I would to work at least another 2 yrs

If you've got an 'n' in from of your SIC code, you'll work a few more hours with us (I found 49.95 was about all I could get out of Con-way and I was in 'n' territory too) but you're right, we are a much better managed outfit. Best part is they pretty much leave you alone to do your job. Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

I switched 2 months ago. I do run line haul, but did a couple weeks in city. Did about 50 hrs and brought home 950 a week. More money in lh. Im definitely making a lot more money and I am treated great. They really respect there drivers and you just go out and do your job and thats it. Nice not having to deal with pissed off dispatchers, fos's and disgruntled drivers. One more thing no dock work!! Don't missed getting screwed at a fac, because everyone took off and saved you all the awkard, long flatbed freight. I guess to sum up I couldn't be happier with my decision to come to od.

I switched 2 months ago. I do run line haul, but did a couple weeks in city. Did about 50 hrs and brought home 950 a week. More money in lh. Im definitely making a lot more money and I am treated great. They really respect there drivers and you just go out and do your job and thats it. Nice not having to deal with pissed off dispatchers, fos's and disgruntled drivers. One more thing no dock work!! Don't missed getting screwed at a fac, because everyone took off and saved you all the awkard, long flatbed freight. I guess to sum up I couldn't be happier with my decision to come to od.
i would love to join your current status. butt...o.d needs to get off the pot and get up to bangor me p.s not much changed since you left

Speedy in the east, Pacific Coast Express in the west.
I saw one of PCE'S trucks running an OD set on the Coquihalla about a month ago. First and only time I ever saw them pulling for OD.

Speedy runs regular linehaul between Toronto and Montreal, and I've seen OD sets included in that a couple of trips a day. Speedy also does Holland and New Penn. I don't know how they keep the trailers sorted on the domestic linehaul side...especially since OD is their only customer using pups.

I wish OD was here. I could technically sign on in Buffalo to do border hops (if they were hiring there), but then I'd have to move to Fort Erie and commute over the border every day. I'm not sure it'd be worth that.

I have not heard back from the TM , I will call him Monday later in the day . Canadian Flyer , you mentioned my home town.
I am from Buff worked at CF at 19 years. Headed South 20 years ago.

I have not heard back from the TM , I will call him Monday later in the day . Canadian Flyer , you mentioned my home town.
I am from Buff worked at CF at 19 years. Headed South 20 years ago.