New Penn | O.R.

Credits
Was told by a super. that on Thurs. 6/26 here at 24 Term we operated at a 58.8. When we went in for work I asked him if we were busy last Thurs., when he told me the O.R. I didn't believe him so he punched it up on the comp.

Was told by a super. that on Thurs. 6/26 here at 24 Term we operated at a 58.8. When we went in for work I asked him if we were busy last Thurs., when he told me the O.R. I didn't believe him so he punched it up on the comp.

Now that's the New Penn that we all knew & admired. But I heard that you Red Star guys had ruined that job. I guess that rumor must not be true.

ok i'm a bit confused here. you stated that our O/R was 58.8 ? these are your terminal #'s alone correct ? im sure it's not us as a whole correct ?

p.s. we got 1 Red Star guy at my terminal and he's the best !

even the new penn koolaid guys cant belive this .

impossible ..guys ..i know your new penn is the best...sure....but 58.8..no freakn way...u do understand thats means ur making 42 cents profit each dollar...sorry..check that # again

Cinnaminson terminal #14 was told we were operating in the low 60's. so there must be some truth to this. Maybe our numbers are so good( I believe its called creative accounting) because Yellow needs to sell us to pay off the companies debt. as we all know the rest of the company is not making much cash.LOL And worst is that our green does not go with the YRCW colors.

It is certainly possible for a terminal to show a very low operating ratio for an individual day. But any DAILY O/R is not a final number.

There are adjustments that take place to both revenue and cost that could change that number. This doesn't mean the terminal didn't make a lot of money that day but one day doesn't really change the whole month that much.

Plus...the costs are not always fully allocated. It is a "guide" for operations more than it is an indicator of profit.