ODFL | OD policy. Speeding in personal vehicle question

Can anyone tell me what's policy with speeding in your personal vehicle? Received speeding ticket 14 over in my personal vehicle. Was talking to SouthEastern driver he said one of there drivers got ticket for 21 over and was fired for ticket in personal vehicle. Thanks
All tickets received in a motor vehicle whether it’s company or personal are required to be reported to management within 48 hours, unless it’s the weekend or holiday. Failure to report the ticket will result in termination unless you luck out and get it dismissed. 3 tickets in a rolling 12 month period is termination, this includes tickets you settled but weren’t dismissed. They must be dismissed and not reduced.

I believe the limit at Old Dominion is 15 MPH for automatic termination. Most companies terminate for 20 MPH. OD also will terminate a driver for going 80+MPH in a company vehicle regardless of posted speed limit. The new camera trucks will send them videos and notification if you go 80+MPH for longer that afew seconds. It’ll also notify them if you go 10+MPH over any posted speed limit with slowing down within afew seconds.

My buddy was terminated for the three ticket rule, he settled for the tickets to be get on his record but they company terminated him because they weren’t dismissed. My other buddy was also givin a final write up for the 80+MPH rule just afew months ago. Camera reported him to corporate.

Under our Teamster contract & DOT rules you report only convictions within 30 days of the conviction. If you are issued a moving ticket violation, & beat it in court, you do not have to report the ticket. If you lose, you report it. This is as of 7 years ago. Check the current rules. Also, if you park a semi on a ramp or somewhere illegal & it is not considered a 'moving violation, you don't report it under Federal Reg's. Under your company rules, maybe you report it. If there is no record posted to your MVR print out for any ticket issued, why report it? von.
Most of Old DominionI isn’t union. What terminal do you work out of that’s union?

They terminate in Dallas if you don’t notify management within 2 days of receiving a moving violation in a personal or company vehicle.

You’re gonna get someone terminated telling them not to report moving violations to the company. Why gamble a $100,000+ A year job like that? Only reason to take that risk and not report to the company is if it’s a major moving violation or a third ticket to within 12 months, those will get you terminated unless you can get them dismissed.

You’re gonna get someone terminated telling them not to report moving violations to the company. Why gamble a $100,000+ A year job like that? Only reason to take that risk and not report to the company is if it’s a major moving violation or a third ticket to within 12 months, those will get you terminated unless you can get them dismissed.
You tell them every year when you fill out your yearly review.Like I said before in my previous post.

You tell them every year when you fill out your yearly review.Like I said before in my previous post.
You are required to notify them when you receive the citation, not during your annual driving record review per corporate safety and the Old Dominion drivers handbook. Failure to report moving traffic citations, citations or arrest for alcohol or drug related offenses will result in automatic termination per the driver handbook the company gives all drivers.

The annual review of your driving record is to check to see if you failed to report any violations.

5A287102-889F-4828-AD4C-D5B39441A3E7.md.jpg 096B8FF2-AC0A-40E9-BCB7-E469EE14D5D9.md.jpg 94B10A5F-36AD-46F1-A58B-23D46072106B.md.jpg

Thats interesting.

I have never reported personal vehicle tickets. What the prospective employers DID do is see that ::shit:: on the MVR when they pulled it. However it was seperate from trucking and the bossy man was not told I got such a such in any personal vehicle of mine.

Ive gotten speeding and other tickets of various kinds in trucking and those were always reported instantly and paid instantly usually before leaving town. The big exception was parking tickets, those got paid off instantly and the boss man dont get told nothing.

Ive a few stories about those tickets, but none of you will believe it if it was from the burning bush on the mount.

Can you be fired for only doing 46 mph in a tractor with broken mirrors driving on a highway? Asking for a friend. :438:

You are required to notify them when you receive the citation, not during your annual driving record review per corporate safety and the Old Dominion drivers handbook. Failure to report moving traffic citations, citations or arrest for alcohol or drug related offenses will result in automatic termination per the driver handbook the company gives all drivers.

The annual review of your driving record is to check to see if you failed to report any violations.

5A287102-889F-4828-AD4C-D5B39441A3E7.md.jpg 096B8FF2-AC0A-40E9-BCB7-E469EE14D5D9.md.jpg 94B10A5F-36AD-46F1-A58B-23D46072106B.md.jpg
Again you are trying to answer a post from 2017.You are answering a ? that the driver no longer works for OD .Enjoy the book that very few have even read and understand.lol

I understand that time has passed.

Sometimes more than one lifetime has passed.

As far as Books full of boilerplate, legalese and decorated Corporate Spew I have no use for them anymore.

There has been way too many incidents in trucking ticketed or not where there was freedom to make a decision over something good or bad and deal with the situation after its all over. Once I adopted a damn the torpedoes, they can fire me things were easier.

To wit, I had a air conditioning system that was not functional in the high summer one year. Company dithered. Fine I went to a TA and instructed the mechanic to get under that hood and do not stop work until there is a frosty ice rind around the AC Vents.

He came to me and said that will be 1600 dollars plus taxes etc. Can we do it? Yes. Get to it. I'll deal with the Company. Called them up and said you owe the TA Savannah 1600 dollars for a bill plus taxes on fixing the AC.

They blew up. It is company policy to bring in AC systems and so on to the yard shop so they can do it for half that price. I hauled out documentation by name, chapter and verse of various managment types and shop bosses who declined to do that repair for weeks prior. Who are they to give me trouble for finally fixing the ******* thing. Dont like it? Fire me.

They paid the bill. What they did not know was I had a plane ticket lined up home by dinner from Atlanta. Either way that AC bill would have been paid. Otherwise its a crime in some form. Never mind the idea that you can cook a driver in a oven tractor without a working AC to save a few dollars. Serves them right.

And people wonder why truckers get difficult in their old age. Its the constant abuses by Corporate to toe the line on every little thing. Spin 10 cents to save a dollar on maintaining stuff properly so that actual money can be made by happy drivers.

I already notified my TM. He said just turn receipt in when I pay ticket.
Don’t pay the ticket! FIGHT THE TICKET. YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LEGAL COUNSEL AND A FAIR TRIAL. Tickets I’ve gotten dismissed: speeding twice, crossing HOV lane, and reckless driving. Now these were all before I became a truck driver. If I had just gone to court and paid the tickets. I wouldn’t be a truck driver.

Don’t pay the ticket! FIGHT THE TICKET. YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LEGAL COUNSEL AND A FAIR TRIAL. Tickets I’ve gotten dismissed: speeding twice, crossing HOV lane, and reckless driving. Now these were all before I became a truck driver. If I had just gone to court and paid the tickets. I wouldn’t be a truck driver.
:smiliewhs:

You also want to be careful with reduced charges. While it may close out the case, FMSCA antimasking laws require the original charge to be listed on your record. You want a local traffic lawyer that has built relationships with the court and the police. Make it clear that you need a dismissal.

:smiliewhs:

You also want to be careful with reduced charges. While it may close out the case, FMSCA antimasking laws require the original charge to be listed on your record. You want a local traffic lawyer that has built relationships with the court and the police. Make it clear that you need a dismissal.
“After further review. The insurance company was not able to approve you due to FMSCA anti masking laws. You have a clean driving record but we see you had a couple tickets dismissed. Unfortunately we can hire you”
-SAID NO ONE EVER

“After further review. The insurance company was not able to approve you due to FMSCA anti masking laws. You have a clean driving record but we see you had a couple tickets dismissed. Unfortunately we can hire you”
-SAID NO ONE EVER

Dismissed and settled are not the same thing. I'd suggest you do some research on the antimasking laws before making foolish claims.

Dismissed and settled are not the same thing. I'd suggest you do some research on the antimasking laws before making foolish claims.
-SAID NO ONE EVER