ODFL | OD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the boards boots513. We've got quite a few OD guys here. I'm sure one of them will be able to answer any questions you have.

I worked there back in 1985 through 1987 and I have no complaints at all. I was treated fair. I worked on the dock and switched a little to fill in.

I worked there back in 1985 through 1987 and I have no complaints at all. I was treated fair. I worked on the dock and switched a little to fill in.

That was a long time ago Toxic. Thats about how it is now to. Treated fair, dont try to tell them how to run the show, Ignore the breakroom whining. Companies been around for a long time they wont feed you a song and dance like some of the other ones just take it as a job.

10-4

That was a long time ago Toxic. Thats about how it is now to. Treated fair, dont try to tell them how to run the show, Ignore the breakroom whining. Companies been around for a long time they wont feed you a song and dance like some of the other ones just take it as a job.

10-4 Sparky,it's a job not an adventure.If you don't want to work or need to be patted on head every day go somewhere else.Most people that got fired at O.D.fired themselves.If you want higher wages go to a company that pays them.Don't come to O.D. and think you're going to change anything.And if you're a breakroom whiner,please,please, go somewhere else.Who in the ****do you think wants to hear it.

agree with sparky,a job .OD can offer a long term job to you just by showing up everyday and doing your best.every terminal is different due to management style.when filling out the ap for the job be completely honest,i have seen enough people let go after starting because of omissions on the ap

if you want to live by your telephone and treated like crap come on,and after 25 or 30 yrs you can be one of the rats in the good ol boy club and sit on your tail and be the tm eyes and ears

attitude

if you want to live by your telephone and treated like crap come on,and after 25 or 30 yrs you can be one of the rats in the good ol boy club and sit on your tail and be the tm eyes and ears

With your attitude,I would say they're working around you,which is understandable.
Find another job more to your liking.

First Of All Jimmy Bob I'm Telling It Like It Is For A New Driver, And Since You Have Never Drove For Od
' The Pick-up Truck Don't Count ' I Dont Expect You To Understand Also Thanks For The Advice I Will Find A New Job To My Liking It Was Posted In The Breakroom This Morning And It Said Since Some Of The Dead Weight Has Left They Need Someone To Sit In The Pick-up On The Scales When It Rains I Think With 20+ Yrs I Might And A Chance At It

First Of All Jimmy Bob I'm Telling It Like It Is For A New Driver, And Since You Have Never Drove For Od
' The Pick-up Truck Don't Count ' I Don't Expect You To Understand Also Thanks For The Advice I Will Find A New Job To My Liking It Was Posted In The Breakroom This Morning And It Said Since Some Of The Dead Weight Has Left They Need Someone To Sit In The Pick-up On The Scales When It Rains I Think With 20+ Yrs I Might And A Chance At It

You got to put in your time when you are a new hire. most all of us have one way or the other. For the most part OD is better than many union newbies have it. I think JIM shot back at you because your post did not point out that most the entire LTL industry requires new hires to work the extra boards which means they may be used as needed. Unlike many union shops most the time a new hire here is not sitting around the house on two hour call 24 hours a day under pressure to report to work or face disciplinary action. The management works with them here. Your post seems to suggest that OD is the only one that does that.

By the way since you post your truckingboard name as OD391 and than Unionboy would you explain that to us so we can know where you stand.

Seniority

' The Pick-up Truck Don't Count ' I Dont Expect You To Understand Also Thanks For The Advice I Will Find A New Job To My Liking It Was Posted In The Breakroom This Morning And It Said Since Some Of The Dead Weight Has Left They Need Someone To Sit In The Pick-up On The Scales When It Rains I Think With 20+ Yrs I Might And A Chance At It

Working in a freight line is based on SENIORITY.As slow as freight has been with no SENIORITY you would be sitting by the phone almost anywhere.If you want to work get out of LTL,it's not the place to be.Go to a truck load company and apply.Don't hide behind a computer and take it out on everyone else.Oh yeah,safe to say my truck driving days were over before you were born.

Somebody Said It Right Awhile Back Every Srv Ctr Is Different I've Been In Some In The Midwest They Where So Nice To You I Thought I Was At A Different Company But The Closer You Get To Gbo And The Corp Office You Get Treated Like Dirt There Is No Managment At Gbo This Term Runs On Cruise Control Look At The Turn Over Rate New Guys Dont Stay Here Long At All That Alone Speeks For Its Self And Untill They Gey Rid Of These Butt Clowns That Are Suppose To Be Running The Show Here It Is Not Going To Change And As Long As Daddy Vp Is Helping Babby Boy With The Numbers You Can For Get It No One Is Going To Help The Drivers And The Dock Workers But Themselfs You Can Read Into It What You Want To But Myname Speaks For Itself And Thats Where I Stand And A Few Others To

To Help The Drivers And The Dock Workers But Themselfs You Can Read Into It What You Want To But Myname Speaks For Itself And Thats Where I Stand And A Few Others To

These are some of the rules and why we enjoy truckingboards

6)Posts deemed to be just mean spirited posts or posts made just to antagonize others may be removed at the discretion of the site administration, the idea behind this site is to create harmony amongst people in the transportation industry.

14) Any Post Praising the Union or Any Post Slamming the Union will be moved to the Union/Non-Union Forum. Union Carriers can speak all they want on their company boards about the Union.

15) No Union talk allowed on non-union trucking forums. PERIOD, causes nothing but flame wars and you will get banned from this site for doing so. Also NO Union bashing whatsoever allowed by non-union members on union trucking company forums. The Union/Non-Union forums are ther place for that. Any company owned by a company that is union is the only time union talk can be discussed in non union company forums. This website is not pro union or pro anti union, we are pro LTL drivers

JIM BOB
the original

E MAIL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUCKINGBOARDS WILL GIVE ME YOUR E MAIL ADDRESS AND THAT WILL THE FIRST STEP IN FINDING OUT WHO YOU ARE AND ME KICKING YOUR *** AND YOU BEING UNEMPLOYED BECAUSE I DON'T WORK THERE ,YOU DO.
this is harmony amongst people

Truckingboards does not give anyones email out without a court order.

10-4 Sparky,it's a job not an adventure.If you don't want to work or need to be patted on head every day go somewhere else.Most people that got fired at O.D.fired themselves.If you want higher wages go to a company that pays them.Don't come to O.D. and think you're going to change anything.And if you're a breakroom whiner,please,please, go somewhere else.Who in the ****do you think wants to hear it.

jimmy bob you dont spend your good old retirement day in o.d. breakroom do you.i no o.d. did not brain wash U .

JIMMY BOB,,, you dont spend your good old retirement day in o.d. breakroom do you.i no o.d. did not brain wash U .:smilie_132:

This thread has run its course. Please stop the personal attacks on JIM BOB. I don't see where he has done anything to be attacked personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.