ODFL | ODFL Teams Question

Anubis1996

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m applying for a team position at the Memphis terminal and wanted to know does OD try to match people in teams or do you have to have a partner already? How long does it take to hear back from an application?

They'll match you with someone and if it doesn't work out they'll try again. As far as getting a call back I've heard all kinds of different things from 2 days to 5 months

Oh the joys of team trucking. You won't know right off but after a week or two if you are not happy with your team mate tell them. It's not worth the misery being stuck in that cab with someone who thinks they are your boss because of their seniority. Also they need to respect when you are sleeping not to be yelling in a cb or blaring the radio. Treat them with respect but they need to treat you that way as well. You are a team not a servant of who ever you are with.

Oh the joys of team trucking. You won't know right off but after a week or two if you are not happy with your team mate tell them. It's not worth the misery being stuck in that cab with someone who thinks they are your boss because of their seniority. Also they need to respect when you are sleeping not to be yelling in a cb or blaring the radio. Treat them with respect but they need to treat you that way as well. You are a team not a servant of who ever you are with.
I used to run team at OD, first team partner was a great guy to run with, second guy, not so much. We ran ATL-MFS-RTO, back to ATL through either DAL or MFS. We left Tuesday at 0200, usually back to ATL by noon on Friday… I couldn’t hack it. My old team partner covered for me once, called me later in the week and told me he named him Eeyore. He always seemed depressed, looked like he was in physical pain to climb in the truck and leave on Tuesday, and I drove out so he went straight to bed. I had to get out of the truck, it was making me depressed.

It takes special people to team, and im not special. At least single driving if i mess up i answer for it, but at least i do it my way. When teaming at least for me it was stressful having to do what everybody wanted to do. I was asked my opinion but if the other driver didn't like it i was always over ruled because they were the senior driver. I just do better by myself.

It takes special people to team, and im not special. At least single driving if i mess up i answer for it, but at least i do it my way. When teaming at least for me it was stressful having to do what everybody wanted to do. I was asked my opinion but if the other driver didn't like it i was always over ruled because they were the senior driver. I just do better by myself.
I wouldn't want even one witness to my screw ups with a team driver partner. I for sure could never drive a coach and have 30-40 witnesses! :duh: :duh:

THIS is exactly why I didn't want to go team! I might have only 10 years OTR behind my belt when I started. But, I didn't want to end up with someone who wanted to be my boss and NOT my co-worker. There was only one guy that I was seriously thinking of teaming with, but he already had a partner setup. Still, that truck gets smaller and smaller as the few days roll by. I know, I had to do that when I was training years back. 4-5 weeks in a truck with someone is WAY too much!

I wouldn't want even one witness to my screw ups with a team driver partner. I for sure could never drive a coach and have 30-40 witnesses! :duh: :duh:
Wasn't that you in training? You had witnesses..
trainwreck GIF

I teamed one week at Estes. A buddy of mine asked me to cover for his partner while he was on vacation. I was also supposed to be on vacation, but I didn’t have anything going on so I said sure why not.
Memphis to salt lake to Memphis to salt lake to Memphis. 6400 miles. We left early Monday and got back late in the morning Saturday.
“Y’all do this every week??”
“Yep”
“I never want to do it again the rest of my life”
Nice check though plus I sold that week of vacation. I’ll never do that again either lol

I teamed one week at Estes. A buddy of mine asked me to cover for his partner while he was on vacation. I was also supposed to be on vacation, but I didn’t have anything going on so I said sure why not.
Memphis to salt lake to Memphis to salt lake to Memphis. 6400 miles. We left early Monday and got back late in the morning Saturday.
“Yep”
Nice check though plus I sold that week of vacation. I’ll never do that again either lol
Not enough money to get me to do sleepers.

“Yep”
I don't know much about Estes team thing...but the teams here do get a full 2 days off. Or the ones that work well together do. Once again, my luck would be a guy that wanted to stay out and NOT want to go home for 2-3 weeks...OR only go home for a straight 34. NOPE, not me!