Central Transport | Officially Central but ... but ... but ...

A Truckers Wife

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, as of yesterday, hubby told to come into the terminal at 7am to be trained on the hand-held as an official Central driver. I thought to myself, "Self ... now we'll get some answers!" I AM SO NAIVE!!! :duh: He came home last night with his fancy-schmancy hand-held computer with docking station BUT nothing else. The only paperwork he was given was the paperwork for the hand-held. Zip-Zilch-Nada ... absolutely nothing else and was told nothing else. :regretful:

He went in today fully expecting some paperwork but, you guessed it, nothing. :nono_h4h: He asked around and got a different answer from everyone he asked. Seriously!!! I put in a call to Roxanne, a call to Vitran payroll, and a call to the woman from Central's benefits dept. Guess what I'm doing? Yep ... waiting, waiting, waiting.

Well, as of yesterday, hubby told to come into the terminal at 7am to be trained on the hand-held as an official Central driver. I thought to myself, "Self ... now we'll get some answers!" I AM SO NAIVE!!! :duh: He came home last night with his fancy-schmancy hand-held computer with docking station BUT nothing else. The only paperwork he was given was the paperwork for the hand-held. Zip-Zilch-Nada ... absolutely nothing else and was told nothing else. :regretful:

He went in today fully expecting some paperwork but, you guessed it, nothing. :nono_h4h: He asked around and got a different answer from everyone he asked. Seriously!!! I put in a call to Roxanne, a call to Vitran payroll, and a call to the woman from Central's benefits dept. Guess what I'm doing? Yep ... waiting, waiting, waiting.

So u really expected answers. Good luck with that. If there were answers to be had, u would have heard it on TB by now. That's why we call it the darkside. Hehehe

Feeling bad for any Vitran family who thought Central was going to be a legitimate job to transfer to... You should feel lucky you don't have answers yet- when you do get them you'll be REALLY disappointed.

Feeling bad for any Vitran family who thought Central was going to be a legitimate job to transfer to... You should feel lucky you don't have answers yet- when you do get them you'll be REALLY disappointed.

I am SO hoping you're wrong but will be the first to admit you were right ... just not yet! Still hoping and praying this will be a positive thing.
rolleyes.gif

They can probably eavesdrop on you at home even when u think it is shut off.

Well, just to update from my original post here ... nothing. Absolutely nothing. No return calls or emails today. If I said it once, I'll say it a hundred times, the communication (or lack thereof) has been the worse part about all of this. :17113:

I am SO hoping you're wrong but will be the first to admit you were right ... just not yet! Still hoping and praying this will be a positive thing.
rolleyes.gif

For your sake and for everyone else who chose to stay- I SINCERELY hope I'm wrong also... and I'll be the first to apologize. Unfortunately, it's not looking like I'm issuing any apologies anytime soon. :-\

What would you like too know?

What would you like too know?

What we'd really like to know is this:

1) When will he get paperwork to fill out for Central payroll?

2) Will his insurance (he had with Vitran) be intact through the end of the year as some say, and if not, when will he get paperwork to sign up for Central insurance?

3) When will he get the paperwork/info to sign up for 2014 beneifts?

4) Is there Life Ins, Disability Ins, Vision Ins (I heard not)?

5) What is happening with his Vitran 401K? Will it be auto transferred to Central 401K or will he be getting the paperwork to roll it over or pay the tax and get the funds?

6) Why does the earth revolve around the sun? Okay, that was just to see if you were paying attention.

See what I mean? Questions, questions, questions! And not one person at work can answer any ONE of them. Oy!

2) Will his insurance (he had with Vitran) be intact through the end of the year as some say, and if not, when will he get paperwork to sign up for Central insurance?

5) What is happening with his Vitran 401K? Will it be auto transferred to Central 401K or will he be getting the paperwork to roll it over or pay the tax and get the funds?

6) Why does the earth revolve around the sun? Okay, that was just to see if you were paying attention.

See what I mean? Questions, questions, questions! And not one person at work can answer any ONE of them. Oy!

These answers are only valid for my personal case not sure on everyone else.

1) got mine the first day of training

2)Haven't heard a thing on Vitrans insurance, got CT's paperwork for insurance the first day of training

3) haven't seen anything or heard anything yet.

4) life yes 50k company paid, disability, long term yes company paid, short term not available, Vision not offered.

5) per Roxanne in pit, the legal team is investigating this, according to her the IRS looks at us as sister companies therefore we are not eligible for a rollover or cash out options like you would be if you quit or were fired

6) in my opinion because God designed it that way.

I have no doubt the issue of benefits will be resolved in time. We have in writing that there will be no lapse of insurance coverage. Until we get to pick our 2014 benefits, which could happen after the New Year, they will transfer us to the plans most similar to the ones we picked at Vitran. I know this because I administered the benefits transfer for a much larger corporate acquisition than this--two fortune 500s. Since your family is choosing to stick with Central, you have to find patience for the benefits issue.