XPO | Oh boy, now things will get really interesting

Wow. It says UP TO 18.$. Which means you will make less than that. Looks like they are hiring bottom feeders

This is one of those things that has us scared. People running their mouths about how we will get all this XPO freight. Well not if he hires an army of shuttle drivers to run it around town. And at seven bucks less an hour they will be working those guys for sure.

And those adds are up in nearly every major city. The exact same add.

Maybe it's just for the consolidation phase. Maybe it's because when you own several buildings in a market you need to be able to shuffle what goes where. We will find out soon enough.

Wow. It says UP TO 18.$. Which means you will make less than that. Looks like they are hiring bottom feeders
Hazmat,tanker,doubles triples endoresments not required. That is not a description of what we do. Next, lets see how many drivers they get hired at those wages. It says 12 months experience required. Do you know any drivers with 12 months BTW that are going to work for those wages? I don't. You can punch your own ticket at almost anywhere nowadays with that little bit of experience and anywhere pays better than that.

Why worry? The guy did not buy the place to run it into the ground which is what would happen if that was what the pay was. Everyone would leave. There are dockworkers that make more than that.

I predict one of two things happening, and it could be extreme in each direction. The XPO purchase will either help Conway employees with a huge influx of freight and things will get extremely busy, or they could destroy the freight market altogether. By using contract carriers, cutting pay, and eliminating Conway drivers, that would put a lot of guys on the unemployment line, which floods the market with not enough jobs available, which also lowers the pay for those still working because there is no demand for drivers any longer. The long term effect of this scenario could be devastating to the industry.
Personally, I think that this will go well and XPO will become a mega carrier that will be extremely competitive because of their overseas connections to massive amounts of freight.
Stay tuned.

I predict one of two things happening, and it could be extreme in each direction. The XPO purchase will either help Conway employees with a huge influx of freight and things will get extremely busy, or they could destroy the freight market altogether. By using contract carriers, cutting pay, and eliminating Conway drivers, that would put a lot of guys on the unemployment line, which floods the market with not enough jobs available, which also lowers the pay for those still working because there is no demand for drivers any longer. The long term effect of this scenario could be devastating to the industry.
Personally, I think that this will go well and XPO will become a mega carrier that will be extremely competitive because of their overseas connections to massive amounts of freight.
Stay tuned.
How many contract carriers have hazmat , doubles and triples , and tanker endorsements?

Really. Who knows what this guy is going to do. 2 months ago no one even heard of XPO. What these corporate people say doesn't make much difference to me one way or another at this point. Conway people had plenty to say that never materialized and who heard of all the Conway closings in 2008 ahead of time? Not a peep. This guy could be the second coming of Jerry Detter or just another corporate Douggie. Time will tell.

Clicked on the link, found this out:
To apply:
Visit us in person at 3801 McIntyre Ct, Golden Co, 80401. Hours are Monday through Friday 7am to 3p. Or apply online today!

Here is the company at this address:
EXEL INC
3801 MCINTYRE CT
GOLDEN, CO 80403-7507 | view map
(303) 216-8800
www.dhl.com

Required Endorsements
Hazmat endorsement? No
Doubles / triples endorsement? No
Tanker endorsement? No
Passenger endorsement? No

Love the "NO" endorsements required.

To argue the point about how many companies have billions laying around.Probably quite a few.Just look at everyone's President and CEO compensations.Which has gone up exponentially.All the while these corporate execs have beat down the labor.Here at my company.We have a MOU(contract)that states that our corporation shall not buy or start up another company.
Sooooo , if your company wanted to buy a non-union carrier with all those THOUSANDS of drivers , dockworkers , and clerks that could be paying dues members , the membership would stick to it's guns and follow the MOU? Ooookay. Yep.

And will we be going to 33 footers or not ? Anybody know anything about that ?
We have one 33 footer at our barn w/ a lift gate that's used for our P&D operations for now. I read a piece in TTransports that said FEDEX was lobbing congress to draft and push through a bill that would allow LTL companies to run tandem 33's on the highway,(line haul would love that). That was quite a while back and I haven't heard anything lately as to what's up w/ that. Whether Mr. Jacobs will join FDX in a concerted effort to legalize 33's is only speculative and anybody's guess for now. Time will tell.

How many contract carriers have hazmat , doubles and triples , and tanker endorsements?
They wouldn't need doubles or triples endorsements. Just hazmat and tanker, which isn't that hard to get. Obviously the contract carriers that are pulling for UPS, Fed-Ex and the rest are all qualified.
Just sayin'.
:coffee1:

Sooooo , if your company wanted to buy a non-union carrier with all those THOUSANDS of drivers , dockworkers , and clerks that could be paying dues members , the membership would stick to it's guns and follow the MOU? Ooookay. Yep.
In recent years, the Union has been more focused on lettuce and fruit pickers.(at $8.00 per hour)
lol

We have one 33 footer at our barn w/ a lift gate that's used for our P&D operations for now. I read a piece in TTransports that said FEDEX was lobbing congress to draft and push through a bill that would allow LTL companies to run tandem 33's on the highway,(line haul would love that). That was quite a while back and I haven't heard anything lately as to what's up w/ that. Whether Mr. Jacobs will join FDX in a concerted effort to legalize 33's is only speculative and anybody's guess for now. Time will tell.
Although there is no way to prove it yet, since the double 33's aren't legal, if I were a bettin' man, I'd say that 33 ft. doubles will still corner better than a 53 foot van.

They wouldn't need doubles or triples endorsements. Just hazmat and tanker, which isn't that hard to get. Obviously the contract carriers that are pulling for UPS, Fed-Ex and the rest are all qualified.
Just sayin'.
:coffee1:
talking to a lot of their contract drivers i find most do not have haz i have done some last minute changes to my preplans as to take a haz load from and to a terminal