XPO | Oh boy! Time for roadside inspections!

I got a level 3 the other day, Mr Dot was Super nice and looked like he was fresh out of the academy. As soon as he came up to my truck he said his shift was almost over and needed to hit his quota. Had me done in 10 minutes, pleasant experience.

Hey drivers, if you have the ABS light on your trailer, have the shop look at it. So sick of meeting my driver, line haul, and the ABS light is on. Stop passing it on to the next driver. This is a safety issue, and DOT can put you out of service for it. Cutting the cord to the light does no good, because the abs light will still be on the dash. The next 3 days DOT will be gunning for us. Be prepared.

Hey drivers, if you have the ABS light on your trailer, have the shop look at it. So sick of meeting my driver, line haul, and the ABS light is on. Stop passing it on to the next driver. This is a safety issue, and DOT can put you out of service for it. Cutting the cord to the light does no good, because the abs light will still be on the dash. The next 3 days DOT will be gunning for us. Be prepared.
Not all locations have a shop

I got a level 3 the other day, Mr Dot was Super nice and looked like he was fresh out of the academy. As soon as he came up to my truck he said his shift was almost over and needed to hit his quota. Had me done in 10 minutes, pleasant experience.
Level 3 just a paperwork check should only take about 10mins.
One DOT Office told me within a few mins he can tell your knowledge level. Also how far the inspection goes has a lot to do with your attitude, and you know were you paperwork is and can get it right away. If you have to dig through the truck you will be there long then you like

Of course they are have you seem or hazmat CSA score. It's above the national average.

Hey, above average? Sounds like we are doing pretty dang good. I usually just aim for average, in most things, so above average is like...more better, no?:wink new:
I should had said we are above the national average for violations/ O/S in the area of Hazmat. They score you on O/S and violation then they list the national average. being above the national average is not a good thing

Level 3 just a paperwork check should only take about 10mins.
One DOT Office told me within a few mins he can tell your knowledge level. Also how far the inspection goes has a lot to do with your attitude, and you know were you paperwork is and can get it right away. If you have to dig through the truck you will be there long then you like
I got pulled in off 80 Eastbound, @ Frankfort last week, and as soon as the officer ran my license, he said, hey, your the 46 mph bastard of 294! Have a nice day, keep that speed right there.