Oklahoma trooper nabbed a semi driver for speeding, then discovered multiple substance use violations

A

Ashley

Screen-Shot-2023-03-03-at-3.30.22-PM-600x557.png

This week, a trooper with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP) discovered multiple violations when he pulled over a semi truck for speeding during his patrol.

The incident occurred on the morning of Wednesday, March 1 on I-40 in Sallisaw.

OHP Trooper Adam Wood was patrolling as part of the “Region 2 Safe Drive Wave 1” special emphasis detail targeting moving violations.

Trooper Wood spotted a semi truck driver speeding “and then Trooper Wood realized the driver was impaired as well.”

“The driver was arrested for DUI, transporting an open container of beer and possession of marijuana,” OHP said.

Continue reading...

this crap ain't gonna get any better out there.

all i can be in favor of, is a much more stricter government control of the industry, since the industry itself, ain't doing a dang thing to straighten out.

let it start with mandating more controls on CDL schools, for MORE hours of training, mandate weeks of apprenticeship programs, and mandatory weekly drug/alcohol testing, and if a driver "pops a positive"?

mandatory jail time, mandatory revoking for life the CDL.

no more of that SAP program BS......

Last edited:
I remember when they said the CSA scoring system was gonna really clean up the entire trucking industry, from bad drivers to shabby trucking companies getting them both off the roads.... it's seems worse.... no offense Big Dave.

I remember when they said the CSA scoring system was gonna really clean up the entire trucking industry, from bad drivers to shabby trucking companies getting them both off the roads.... it's seems worse.... no offense Big Dave.
i recall the rhetoric of the CDL was to make sure drivers had only 1 license, and to clean up the bad drivers, and bad companies.

ya think it's a failure..????

we-have-a-55b4001363.jpg

this crap ain't gonna get any better out there.

all i can be in favor of, is a much more stricter government control of the industry, since the industry itself, ain't doing a dang thing to straighten out.

let it start with mandating more controls on CDL schools, for MORE hours of training, mandate weeks of apprenticeship programs, and mandatory weekly drug/alcohol testing, and if a driver "pops a positive"?

mandatory jail time, mandatory revoking for life the CDL.

no more of that SAP program BS......
Big truckload lobby $$$$ will prevail over all of your valid points. Sad part is, within 5 years I will say they will get legislation passed allowing small amounts of marijuana in an on duty drivers system.

Big truckload lobby $$$$ will prevail over all of your valid points. Sad part is, within 5 years I will say they will get legislation passed allowing small amounts of marijuana in an on duty drivers system.
hopefully, many here will have retired by then, and be off the big roads, and the spaced out morons.