ODFL | OKTA

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
just curious, I signed up for that OKTA that is on ESS. Dispatch told me they are replacing ESS with OKTA...does anyone know how OKTA works?

Just a more secure operating system to replace ESS .System App's have not been activated till everyone is signed up and Corporate releases it.This will handle the amount of employees we have and are adding everyday.

The new ESS is called Workday. I was in a couple of Zoom calls to try and help test it out. It's different but it does a lot of things for benefits licenses and job applications or transfers.

The OKTA I think is a security process. Supervisors used to have a key fob with a sort of RNG as a secondary security step. To log in at home or away from work.

Thing is that when we've logged into the OD workday program it just sends you a text PIN number. So I'm not totally sure. But possibly when it's all put in place.

Workday is supposed to go live in June.

2FA is nice etc but how about ELD/tablet updates? Maybe something as simple as 10 key as default input method or getting rid of the need to enter trailer numbers twice or is that too much to ask for?

The app is used to confirm a user's identity when they sign in to their Okta account. After an end user installs the app on their primary device, they can verify their identity by approving a push notification or by entering a one-time code. Just a verification of who you are.

2FA is nice etc but how about ELD/tablet updates? Maybe something as simple as 10 key as default input method or getting rid of the need to enter trailer numbers twice or is that too much to ask for?
Hello you may or may not know this, but press down on your trailer numbers and you should be able to see copy and paste icons.