ODFL | Old Dominion’s $1.5 Billion Bid for Yellow's Truck Terminals Sets Stage for Upcoming BK Auction

Old Dominion is not the company it used to be. When they slow down they look for ways to get rid of drivers. Write ups over the least little things. A lot of better places to work than there. You get a reputation after a while. Slow downs happen but canning your workforce because you have a revolving door is just stupid. I know a manager who left because of O.D"s policies. He said you need to take care of your drivers and stop the silliness of meaningless write ups. I do hope they get the bid though. Ive sen some of yellows terminals that Estes already bought and they are dumps. Maybe O.D can spend some money to refurbish them. O.D likes that higher end freight but with todays economy a lot of places are on a tight budget and go for affordable rates.

Old Dominion is not the company it used to be. When they slow down they look for ways to get rid of drivers. Write ups over the least little things. A lot of better places to work than there. You get a reputation after a while. Slow downs happen but canning your workforce because you have a revolving door is just stupid. I know a manager who left because of O.D"s policies. He said you need to take care of your drivers and stop the silliness of meaningless write ups. I do hope they get the bid though. Ive sen some of yellows terminals that Estes already bought and they are dumps. Maybe O.D can spend some money to refurbish them. O.D likes that higher end freight but with todays economy a lot of places are on a tight budget and go for affordable rates.
I can’t remember last time I been wrote up,, driver need to follow then rules and won’t have anything to worry,, but instead drive 19 mph in the yard, run with no locks,, drop freight at wrong customer,, run over ish,, pull trailers out the dock with forklift in them,,, getting traffic tickets then cry why they in trouble,,,

I think pulling a trailer from the dock with a forklift in it is more than a simple write-up.
Nope-seen it happen, and swept under the rug. Same thing with dropping a trailer, once was termination, now it’s a Pat on the back, “It happens, don’t worry about it.” No locks on trailers, driving 30 mph on the yard, backing under trailers, and backing them to the dock or on the line in high range reverse….I can go on and on. You say something about it, and you’re told to mind your own business, and worry about yourself.

Last edited:
Nope-seen it happen, and swept under the rug. Same thing with dropping a trailer, once was termination, now it’s a Pat on the back, “It happens, don’t worry about it.” No locks on trailers, driving 30 mph on the yard, backing under trailers, and backing them to the dock or on the line in high range reverse….I can go on and on. You say something about it, and you’re told to mind your own business, and worry about yourself.
Probably depends where you're at, I know of a line driver terminated for taking a forklift for a ride.

It depends on the terminal. We had the greatest safety man ever based in PDX. He come running after you in the yard if he assumed that you were speeding.
At the old MEO yard he came out after me. Being a prankster, I went around the yard twice. I just wanted to make sure that he got his proper exercise for the day. I did ask him for his radar gun also.

Gosh, I miss those days.

If your willing to spend 1.5 billion. I doubt 1.525 billion will stop you you from bidding more (unless they really dont want them that bad). We shall see. I worked at both companies. OD facility's are night and day better than estes and its not even close overall ... (i ran teams for both companies and seen hundreds of terminals each). Maybe the end game was just make estes pay more. Or we will bid more soon. Time will tell

Last edited:
Old Dominion is not the company it used to be. When they slow down they look for ways to get rid of drivers. Write ups over the least little things. A lot of better places to work than there. You get a reputation after a while. Slow downs happen but canning your workforce because you have a revolving door is just stupid. I know a manager who left because of O.D"s policies. He said you need to take care of your drivers and stop the silliness of meaningless write ups. I do hope they get the bid though. Ive sen some of yellows terminals that Estes already bought and they are dumps. Maybe O.D can spend some money to refurbish them. O.D likes that higher end freight but with todays economy a lot of places are on a tight budget and go for affordable ra
All LTL companies do that when it's slow nothing

If your willing to spend 1.5 billion. I doubt 1.525 billion will stop you you from bidding more (unless they really dont want them that bad). We shall see. I worked at both companies. OD facility's are night and day better than estes and its not even close overall ... (i ran teams for both companies and seen hundreds of terminals each). Maybe the end game was just make estes pay more. Or we will bid more soon. Time will tell
Funny to watch..OD's stock price goes up and you wonder what there alternative game is 😂😆