ODFL | Old Dominion Freight moving

DirtyRice

TB Lurker
Credits
Charleston Gazette (subscription) - WV, USA
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.’s service center is moving from North Charleston to Dunbar.

The company will trade in its 28-door center on Seventh Avenue in North Charleston for a 40-door facility on a 5-acre site on Marshall Avenue in Dunbar. The expansion and relocation should happen around the end of July.

“This will greatly improve our efficiency, allowing us to better serve our customers and also provide more room to grow,” said John Stratton, manager of sales and service.

http://sundaygazettemail.com/section/News/Other%20News/2006061913

luvin it tommorows my last day of training i got the driving and backing down now i just gotta get my map skillz up. I guess ill be doin volumes starting monday, unless they throw me on a peddle run.

Volumes is simple stuff. No treadmills, no home deliveries. Mostly dock freight and then do a pick up or two on your way back to the terminal. Enjoy it.

Sometimes it is easier to make the home delivery than to raise the door on ODs trailers. Some have rollers that fly off when you raise them some fly up and you can not position them so you can close them standing on the ground. Many of the latches are off center hard to open and close.

sparky said:
Sometimes it is easier to make the home delivery than to raise the door on ODs trailers. Some have rollers that fly off when you raise them some fly up and you can not position them so you can close them standing on the ground. Many of the latches are off center hard to open and close.

Sigh, come over to the dark side (linehaul)... I havnt seen the inside of a trailer all year!! HAHA :biglaugh:

I looked for it on the crash sheet... missed it.

Boy-o-boy... they hired that guy right out of school... one of the best trucking jobs you can think of right out of school..

If youve been to our yard.. our gate is atached to the side of our building. he was parked (hooked to a pup) against the wall, and went to make entry into the yard... He must have been in 'car' mode or something, because we pull sets and long boxes from exactly where he was, into the yard... .

He cut the turn way short and drug a car (owned by one of our ladies in the office) into and through the fence..... He said he didnt see, hear, or notice anything... The adjusters totaled out her car......

The trainer was suspended from training, and the student was fired. I felt bad for him, I got to know him just a little bit when he was on the dark side training with linehaul...

Trainer was not in the truck.. He was turning in some paperwork and instructed the student to put the trailer to the dock...

FlyByWire said:
Trainer was not in the truck.. He was turning in some paperwork and instructed the student to put the trailer to the dock...

Isn't that a Bozo "No-No"? Trainer should be waving bye bye too but I guess we need drivers too bad for that. I thought the paperwork was part of the training too.

Good chance the trainer lost his safety bonus to. As far as letting the trainee maneuver the truck in the yard without supervision I am not sure although if he came from the dock he was required to complete numerous hours of hosteling. I would think a trainer should be able to allow trainee to do task in the yard while out of truck. After all OD allowed them to do it prior to that without direct supervision. If they have a CDL permit trainer must be in truck on public roads.

FlyByWire said:
I looked for it on the crash sheet... missed it.

Boy-o-boy... they hired that guy right out of school... one of the best trucking jobs you can think of right out of school..

If youve been to our yard.. our gate is atached to the side of our building. he was parked (hooked to a pup) against the wall, and went to make entry into the yard... He must have been in 'car' mode or something, because we pull sets and long boxes from exactly where he was, into the yard... .

He cut the turn way short and drug a car (owned by one of our ladies in the office) into and through the fence..... He said he didnt see, hear, or notice anything... The adjusters totaled out her car......

The trainer was suspended from training, and the student was fired. I felt bad for him, I got to know him just a little bit when he was on the dark side training with linehaul...
yes i have been there many times and know about the fence,very tight going in with our other trailers on the left at the other building.sorry that happened though.

I cant wait till we get our new place... ah...... 80 doors, drivers room, nice restrooms... and TONS of room for empties, and to build our sets at the dock!!