Old Dominion sees tonnage plummet again in May

But they still operate extremely well??
This is an amazing company...
Yellow should start a corporate espionage program at ODFL to learn how to operate an LTL Carrier...
Just joking...
Yellow runs good people off.

They got new penn which was what OD is now. They actually operated in the 70’s OR at that time Yellow ran all those management people off and destroyed the best next day regional carrier in the business.

I keep hearing people talking about Yellow closing. Yes, I know they are trying to sue Teamsters(anything for a cash grab, right?), and they have been close FOR YEARS from closing down...but why should I care? Sure, we'll gain some customers or more freight, however, with the way things are, that freight really won't make a difference right now! And OD will overhire all those Yellow guys just to lay them off within a few months! smh

I keep hearing people talking about Yellow closing. Yes, I know they are trying to sue Teamsters(anything for a cash grab, right?), and they have been close FOR YEARS from closing down...but why should I care? Sure, we'll gain some customers or more freight, however, with the way things are, that freight really won't make a difference right now! And OD will overhire all those Yellow guys just to lay them off within a few months! smh
Naah,
The other LtL companies MAY want 10% of the Yellow freight. If that much.
The other 90% is junk, low revenue stuff no one wants.

Yellow closing won't make a blip to the other LtLs. They certainly won't need to staff up for it.

I’ve got a friend over there that’s a OM. The bill count is pathetic. All these people stating we need to hire now, are f’ing delusional. You take their current total bill count per day and divide it by 48 states, it’s literally nothing. Plus the last time I checked, for every bill that comes across the dock here, we’ve got 10 people to move it.

We don't want there freight.Just Junk Freight and OD definitely stays away from.One reason OD is higher than our competition is because it definitely controls the type of freight we pick up.Also,if they go under we will see very little of it because of price.

We don't want there freight.Just Junk Freight and OD definitely stays away from.One reason OD is higher than our competition is because it definitely controls the type of freight we pick up.Also,if they go under we will see very little of it because of price.
If junk freight paid what aggravation it causes, low weight, volume trailers, usually low density, higher claims costs, work-comp cases, difficulty moving, the Companies would be fighting for it. The formulas are in place to class and bill that crap properly.

If junk freight paid what aggravation it causes, low weight, volume trailers, usually low density, higher claims costs, work-comp cases, difficulty moving, the Companies would be fighting for it. The formulas are in place to class and bill that crap properly.
and we are still hauling stuff that we should never had started with..Prime example is overlength stuff..Now we want to charge $1000 fee for it because we were getting so much of it.lol

Yellow runs good people off.

They got new penn which was what OD is now. They actually operated in the 70’s OR at that time Yellow ran all those management people off and destroyed the best next day regional carrier in the business.
Or it could be said the union ran off all of the good managers at New Penn??

Most interesting take away was the Arc Best drop in yield.
Very strange that they are operating so bad yet sign a lucrative contract for teamsters??
Why would a company do that???
Because they may know a little bit more than you. What do you want us to work for free. We got $7 and change over the last 20 years. They had their break now it’s time to pony up….

Naah,
The other LtL companies MAY want 10% of the Yellow freight. If that much.
The other 90% is junk, low revenue stuff no one wants.

Yellow closing won't make a blip to the other LtLs. They certainly won't need to staff up for it.
That junk freight will have to get hauled by someone, and if nobody pounces on it the price will go up. I don’t think OD is salivating over Yellow’s freight, but it will go to someone. And for the right price I’m sure OD would be happy to take some.

That junk freight will have to get hauled by someone, and if nobody pounces on it the price will go up. I don’t think OD is salivating over Yellow’s freight, but it will go to someone. And for the right price I’m sure OD would be happy to take some.
Uber Freight will haul it for 90% discounts…