XPO | "One More Shipment" points??

BigChevy80

TB Lurker
Credits
How on Earth do we cash in our points to buy things from the company store? I've been all over the employee portal and cannot find it anywhere.

HELP?? :shout:

How can this reward system be fair to all P&D drivers? Some drivers service small mom and pop companies on a daily basis while others have daily willcalls at mega companies. These mega companies don't call any shipments in so all their shipments are counted as "one more shipment" pickups. I guess senior P&D drivers should now take willcall companies into their bid process if they want that new pooltable. Press on

How can this reward system be fair to all P&D drivers? Some drivers service small mom and pop companies on a daily basis while others have daily willcalls at mega companies. These mega companies don't call any shipments in so all their shipments are counted as "one more shipment" pickups. I guess senior P&D drivers should now take willcall companies into their bid process if they want that new pooltable. Press on

I agree with you George. It all comes down to the honesty and integrity of the driver. I have a couple of "will call" stops on my route, I don't count, and wont let dispatch count, these as extra shipments. It took me awhile to educate him on the difference between unscheduled freight and extra shipments. Meanwhile, another driver at my barn, is just the opposite and takes credit for every "will call" order. Some people are more honest than others.

you nailed it...it isn't fair, a joke maybe, but it's not fair. Another thing thats going around is points for linehaul departure and arrival. I can see getting your *** out the door on time, but to be UNSAFE to meet or beat the arrival time is just stupid. Wait until the first major accident happens, Con-Way has opened themselves up for a big loosing lawsuit.

Well that's it? You want points, bid the big busy route. Me personally, I would rather service the mom and pop routes. Don't need the points that bad.

I agree with you George. It all comes down to the honesty and integrity of the driver. I have a couple of "will call" stops on my route, I don't count, and wont let dispatch count, these as extra shipments. It took me awhile to educate him on the difference between unscheduled freight and extra shipments. Meanwhile, another driver at my barn, is just the opposite and takes credit for every "will call" order. Some people are more honest than others.

Yes, you have some that abide by the honor system and others that take advantage of the system. Remember the old days driving a down a country road and seeing an unoccupied fruit stand? Self serve, put money in the box and take your fruit. We should all ask ourselves what kind of person we are? Do you pay for the fruit or just take it? Be honest with yourself.

you nailed it...it isn't fair, a joke maybe, but it's not fair. Another thing thats going around is points for linehaul departure and arrival. I can see getting your *** out the door on time, but to be UNSAFE to meet or beat the arrival time is just stupid. Wait until the first major accident happens, Con-Way has opened themselves up for a big loosing lawsuit.

Haven't heard of that program. Is it new or something that is just being talked about?

Just remember, no matter what the company offers you as far as incentives to get there as fast as you can, you are still solely responsible for your actions on the road. :shift:

I haven't heard about any points for linehaul arrival and departure (though there should be a way for linehaul drivers to earn points). As far as safety is concerned, that fell by the wayside with the implementation of "first in - first out". The race is on! :TR10driving03:

This practice is blatant and it is encouraged by supervisors and managers.

So why should integrity be an issue any other time?