Yellow | ONE Step Forward and TWO Steps Back

codebreaker

TB Lurker
Credits
With the last few quarters of actually making a profit, it seems that we might be turning the corner where we are taking a step forward. Then we are hit with all these new ideas and it seems now that we are taking two steps backward. I know I can't see the BIG picture, but I am wondering who's picture I am suppose to be looking at!

I do know at my barn (as most barns), we are laidoff to the max. The bottom few on the board probably will not see any work until Feb. or March of 2013 (if we are still around).

HERE'S A THOUGHT:(or two)

How many customers will this company **** off by not being able to service them just to save a few dollars of HOLIDAY PAY? (because we don't have enought employees to handle the workload):Poke:

Will anyone in management ever see the light and stand up to there bosses on some of their idiot ideas and just say "This isn't going to work"?:butt kiss:

Does anyone in a management position have any idea that we are in a "service" business and that means that the we work for the customer and it is a privilege for us to have that customer?:6788:

IF SOMETHING DOESN'T CHANGE SOON THEN THIS IS WHAT WE ARE IN FOR :1904:

I dont know where you are at, but ive only ever worked large break barn's .it was all ways lay off this time of year but since the merge its be way deeper.
I have been told over and over by dock supers, GOM -TOM that they have no say. the phone rings says lay off X amount and do not call any1 in .
they can do as told or hit the road rather they like it or not.
btw forced overtime is how they get by .

It's all about the numbers. How much freight to how many bodies.