Online cb shops

G. I. Joe's, from right here off TB. I bought a General HP 40W from them. Great price, peaked tune and shipped. Nothing but compliments from everyone I talk to on it. Of course, I use a Wilson 5000 5 in. shaft, tuned to 1:3 to1 and a Wilson 18 ft. coax. I slip seat [5 trucks] per week, excellent performance. It talks 20 miles in the Metro NY, NJ. area.

ps. I have been trucking and using a cb for 40 yrs. I have 22 radios, 3 23 channel ones yet. I know quality when I use it.

Last edited:
Since you slip seat how do you run that big power cord for that HP40w?

It can be run off the dash jacks. It is the most powerful radio that can. I also use a Stryker 497, very powerful and a few more features. If I had an assigned tractor, I would have bought a Galaxy 98 vhp, but you can't hook that to the dash unless you don't use it on full power, so what good would that be? I like the receiver in the General more than the Stryker, it hears just a litle bit better. What good is talking 20+ miles if you can't hear the come back.

I ran my big Galaxy of my dash and at times ran it full power. The power cord was huge and had two big inline fuses. I could also talk and hear the come back for 22 miles.

I've thought about ordering the Stryker 655. I have a galaxy 33 and a connex and a general Washington.

Go to you-tube and type in cb repairman. He test them all. I bought a radio from him 5 yrs. ago, nice Guy and knows what he's talking about also.

He opens them up and shows you stock power and receive. Then tunes them and shows you the end results.

Last edited:
Im gonna get the big general. It's a lot of power for a good price. My company doesn't allow linears so I'm gonna have take it out at end of my shift

Im gonna get the big general. It's a lot of power for a good price. My company doesn't allow linears so I'm gonna have take it out at end of my shift

Ok. But not really a linear. Just a built in amp, not external. I know you will be satisfied with it. Make sure you use a good antenna and coax with a good ground. Or you will fry it.