OPPORTUNITY for MILES AND STOPS

TAH

TB Lurker
Credits
I understand a tragic misfortune befell some of your comrads this week.It's unfortunate to say the least,but lets look at the other side of the coin .In years past some of the best money runs were to MN. and the Pacific North West from J1 ,J6 and J2. Lots of stops and a ton of miles weekly ,gravy runs that all the senior drivers jumped on. When Jevic started relays and shuttles to regional areas all the miles with stops decreased and the milage pay on relays was signicantly less to the driver and no stop pay at a relay point either.the same situation was in J3and J5 relays
Here is the "opportunity "part. instead of shuttle frt to j3 and on to j5 from J1 those stops will go on road loads to run and peddle. Miles and stops and then p/u's and then on to anothers Jevic facility. If that next destination is J5 that's over 1800 miles from say New England and we know Houston can get you back to the J1,J6,J2,J7. Whats that? 3000 to 3600 mile rounds at least. and lots of "bumps " too !
Back in the day before relays I ran Pup's to the Twin City's @ .40 or .41 cents from j6 and it was a good round back to J6 via J2.Worth about 1600 to 1750 dollars depending on total stops for the round and it happend every week like clockwork. A trip to Houston later at about 46 cents from j6 and a return was closer to 2000 dollars and both took about 5 days to do give or take 12 hours. Good Money? What is the rate now,.50 cpm plus stops I'm guessing and there is no J3 or J5 to drop that long load at . They will say "do the best you can" and call us when your empty. That is music to an LTL road man and the mucic sounds like MONEY. Good Luck to ALL and get Trucking

That is a ROTTEN ATTITUDE!! yea for me,screw everyone else.Personally,I will stay where I am at pay wise if it means keeping fellow workers on the job.I dont care if my w-2 doubles as a result of the closures.Not worth it.

closing the doors

they way i took it from carmen is after june 2 is they will phase out j4 n LA told me they would run east of the MS.river so J4 is west of ms.rver put it together jevic all will b gone by the end of the year oor upper mgt sun is phasing it out to avoid having to pay severance to all J3 # 3 on tonnage avg #1 on outbond frt nightly million lbs night 2million last monday nite and we r not making money (BULLSHIT) customer in the SE showed email J1 sent them stating jevic is no longer serivicing the SE.later *****es:butt kiss::smilie_132:

That is a ROTTEN ATTITUDE!! yea for me,screw everyone else.Personally,I will stay where I am at pay wise if it means keeping fellow workers on the job.I dont care if my w-2 doubles as a result of the closures.Not worth it.
Dam Man, I guess I was wrong. Not everyone in the pa area is rotten. But you better watch out with your fellow worker attitude. You may be weeded out. Thanks for the good words.

Hey everybody,what is happening is terrible and I wish for better time for all involved in the closings and their families.i will add acouple of things to this.#1 there is no way that mr ceo and his personal liar mr.T.C.are going to let you gross $2000.00 per week.if you remember correctly both mr.G and mr.C said not one truck driver is worth $100,000 per yr.It came from both of their mouths I heard it.Can you honestly think that they will let us non college educated drivers forget that they must be better than us.#2 we all must realize what is going on.the "investers"are playing Disolve the company using the text book.a.remove all assets.they sell company owned properties to a realestate investment firm in phila.that they own with a 99yr lease. b.lower wages while lower the wages.stop contributios to the retirement fund,cut down on mantenence,now downsize.we all need to wake up and realize.we are just numbers to them.I really hope I am wrong but lets face it,they are riding their golden parachutes and the employees lose everything

you are right ps1018 i seen the guys in the yard friday at j1 going around putting a black or red mark on the right side (drivers side) of the headlights on the trucks looks like maby doing inventory on equipment again I don't know what to think anymore but the hand writing is starying to get clear :hide:

....cuz it'll sure be sold on ebay! Along with the mugs hats and shirts I got before the YOUR FIRED meeting---I hope there is some good freight that comes across the docks this week

Maybe Mr. G and Mr. C will enjoy the mancave in Johnson City, TN. They seem to like sticking it to the common man. LOL!!!!!!!!