ODFL | Ot At Od

LTLDreamin

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys, prospective OD city driver here, applying to the Brooklyn NY terminal. How are TMs at OD with allowing more than 40 hours per week for a driver? I've read somewhere that OD doesn't pay OT until after 60 hours, so my question is how close to 60 can one expect on straight time? Do they micromanage? An XPO recruiter told me on the phone interview very up front, which I liked, that they were only giving guys 35-40 hours a week and guys start times varied starting from 6am all the way to 11am, therefore closing the gap for any potential OT and I couldn't survive on that kind of money, especially in NYC. Also, did OD move over to automatic tractors?

Hey guys, prospective OD city driver here, applying to the Brooklyn NY terminal. How are TMs at OD with allowing more than 40 hours per week for a driver? I've read somewhere that OD doesn't pay OT until after 60 hours, so my question is how close to 60 can one expect on straight time? Do they micromanage? An XPO recruiter told me on the phone interview very up front, which I liked, that they were only giving guys 35-40 hours a week and guys start times varied starting from 6am all the way to 11am, therefore closing the gap for any potential OT and I couldn't survive on that kind of money, especially in NYC. Also, did OD move over to automatic tractors?
OD will not hire you with a automatic restriction because we have very few automatics in the city.Mostly in the team tractors now.You will never see 60 here.They start sending you home here at 55.But,I can't speak for the Northeast Area..

I don't know that any NYC ppl poke there heads in here, but the midwest OD city drivers that I talk to average 10-12 hour work days all 5 days, so 50-60 hours. These people have been here a long time, I don't know about starting out. You would likely have the latest starting time to begin with. As Grump said, very few autos. Yes, they absolutely micromanage, message you on your handheld and call you all day. But, that's typical for city work. Ask the right questions, try to talk to a local OD driver in person if you can to get the scoop on that particular terminal, every terminal does things there own way. Good luck to you in whatever you choose.

Billy’s crews are what makes a facility nice. I just wish that he would move his labor force encampment up north and away from the entrance to our facility. Billy showed them how to shower and wash their clothes as the sprinkler system waters our grass.

I hope you also enjoy the gangs of rats running down the street also

I hope you also enjoy the gangs of rats running down the street also
Their never ending meat. Have you seen how they dry their clothes on the fence? Last week on the way to work, PPB had one of them sprawled out and was slapping cuffs on him. We got a front row view, since they had the road blocked with the police car.

Their never ending meat. Have you seen how they dry their clothes on the fence? Last week on the way to work, PPB had one of them sprawled out and was slapping cuffs on him. We got a front row view, since they had the road blocked with the police car.
Did the news report say anything about if the police asked, are those cuffs too tight? Or would you like a cup of coffee?

Did the news report say anything about if the police asked, are those cuffs too tight? Or would you like a cup of coffee?
I think that they were taking him to get a shower, 8 course meal, new clothes, a house, free drugs, free beer, all compliments of the taxpayers. Way to go Ted. This morning they had barrels and cones in the road, so it was hard for us to use the road. Remember, they have rights.

I think that they were taking him to get a shower, 8 course meal, new clothes, a house, free drugs, free beer, all compliments of the taxpayers. Way to go Ted. This morning they had barrels and cones in the road, so it was hard for us to use the road. Remember, they have rights.

what’s the city been saying when Od complains about that mess?? Soon you not going to be able to get in and out of your yard,, that curve leaving you gots to drive over all sorts of glass and junk only one vehicle at a time

what’s the city been saying when Od complains about that mess?? Soon you not going to be able to get in and out of your yard,, that curve leaving you gots to drive over all sorts of glass and junk only one vehicle at a time
We’ve complained. The police said that there’s nothing that they can do. It’s a crap hole. Rat’s, drug deals, crapping in the street, blocking the street with barrels and cones, parking in the street. OD, needs to make a stand. But you’re right. It’s dangerous.

Maybe everyone should lay on the horn day and night and just make it miserable for them to eat, sleep or anything else..had 2 residents LOL walk out in front of me friday night..wearing black of course..Maybe your TM should authorize guys to turn left out of the driveway so we dont go by that lovely neighborhood...

Still short handed here. Still trying to hire . Some of these young guys don't like the long hours. It's not helping. But I get 50 to 55 a week.

What i want to know is why does every discussion on FB seem to devolve into a discussion how we don't get OT? People from other companies seem more worried about it than us.

Still short handed here. Still trying to hire . Some of these young guys don't like the long hours. It's not helping. But I get 50 to 55 a week.

What i want to know is why does every discussion on FB seem to devolve into a discussion how we don't get OT? People from other companies seem more worried about it than us.

and it almost always fedex freight drivers,, they trying to justify staying at a bad job

and it almost always fedex freight drivers,, they trying to justify staying at a bad job
The ones who say that FedEx sucks or is bad are the bottom feeders who don’t want to wait there turn and work there way up. And the ones who are more interested in OT are the miller’s who ain’t worth a , and just want to milk the hours, complain about everything. The health insurance in certain areas got worse but other areas are the same with the same coverage.. Shiiit, they offer a pension, 2 bonuses (90%) a year, vanguard 401k w lowest fees and an after tax portion to do an after tax Roth as well, OT over 8hrs and over 40hrs w new equipment and vacation pay is based on what you make a year divided by 52wks. Anyone who thinks that sucks is not pretty smart or of sound mind, just simply lazy who doesn’t want to wait his or her turn and thinks the grass is greener on the other side.. Good luck to all drivers!!