ODFL | Ot At Od

Not all XPO locations. Afew years before Conway sold out but still talk to my old work buddies. OT isn't always a good thing. They can cut back on hours to keep OT to a minimum is not zero. My bid at OD is 616 miles per day and work 5 on 2 off. Over 3000 miles per week with additional pay for fuel, drops and hooks. $2200+ gross per week with no OT. We have wild turn drivers that easily get 3700+ miles per week out of Dallas. Currently getting almost $0.71 per mile with a cost of living raise every September. Great company

The ones who say that FedEx sucks or is bad are the bottom feeders who don’t want to wait there turn and work there way up. And the ones who are more interested in OT are the miller’s who ain’t worth a , and just want to milk the hours, complain about everything. The health insurance in certain areas got worse but other areas are the same with the same coverage.. Shiiit, they offer a pension, 2 bonuses (90%) a year, vanguard 401k w lowest fees and an after tax portion to do an after tax Roth as well, OT over 8hrs and over 40hrs w new equipment and vacation pay is based on what you make a year divided by 52wks. Anyone who thinks that sucks is not pretty smart or of sound mind, just simply lazy who doesn’t want to wait his or her turn and thinks the grass is greener on the other side.. Good luck to all drivers!!
I had such a good 2020 that my vacation rate is almost as much as my time and a half.

Last time I checked, OD pay starts higher than XPO top out rate, but I'm not sure about the exact OD rate (feel free to illuminate me on OD payscales). Let's compare. (I know this has been done before, but here it is again.)

OD Driver 50 hour workweek-

50 hours/wk x $33.00/hr = $1650/wk

XPO Driver 50 hour workweek-

40 hours/wk x $29.33/hr = $1173
10 hours overtime @ $43.99/hr = $439.95
$1173 + $439.95 = $1612.95/wk

So, same 50 hour workweek $1650 or $1612, which would you prefer?

On a 60 hour workweek ($2053 vs $1980), XPO Driver could finally wave his dick around in front of his OD driving buddy except, (at my barn, at least) ain't nobody getting 60 hours a week.

Last time I checked, OD pay starts higher than XPO top out rate, but I'm not sure about the exact OD rate (feel free to illuminate me on OD payscales). Let's compare. (I know this has been done before, but here it is again.)

On a 60 hour workweek ($2053 vs $1980), XPO Driver could finally wave his dick around in front of his OD driving buddy except, (at my barn, at least) ain't nobody getting 60 hours a week.
Depends on what terminal you are talking about at XPO, some places get almost $31/hr. Who wants to work 50 hours a week all the time anyway?

The ones who say that FedEx sucks or is bad are the bottom feeders who don’t want to wait there turn and work there way up. And the ones who are more interested in OT are the miller’s who ain’t worth a , and just want to milk the hours, complain about everything. The health insurance in certain areas got worse but other areas are the same with the same coverage.. Shiiit, they offer a pension, 2 bonuses (90%) a year, vanguard 401k w lowest fees and an after tax portion to do an after tax Roth as well, OT over 8hrs and over 40hrs w new equipment and vacation pay is based on what you make a year divided by 52wks. Anyone who thinks that sucks is not pretty smart or of sound mind, just simply lazy who doesn’t want to wait his or her turn and thinks the grass is greener on the other side.. Good luck to all drivers!!
I started at AF 20+ years ago. Then FedEx came in. When FedEx took over. It was great. The last 5 years its gone to crap. I left after 20+ years. I got tired of doing other people's work. Like redelivering freight that should've been delivered the 1st time. The lunch policy is stuuupid. Take your lunch between your 3rd and 6th hour. Thats the busiest part of your day. I had enough of the b.s. and quit.

Glad to see you back, I was getting concerned.
Word was out you had been locked up for panhandling in front of the(Do Drop Inn)
Hell driver this log in too complicated for an old driver like me took some minutes to remember everything,, my mowing business only reason truckingboards is successful so I finally back to give this page the life it needs..,

Hourly wage for ODFL in the PNW is 31.53/hr. with no overtime until 60 hours.
Hourly wage for XPO in PNW is 30.10/hr. with overtime over 8.

Medical-weekly expenses for a single individual is less at ODFL. Weekly premiums are lower at XPO to insure a family of 4. People that work for ODFL are brainwashed or drink the cool-aid, a general observation is ODFL does not hire many employees from other LTL carriers in the PNW.

Most workers if you were to go down the roster do not have prior LTL experience from a competing national carrier to compare and contrast ODFL against. This creates an illusion that ODFL is the superior carrier but this is a baseless viewpoint.

With regards to Linehaul- ODFL is superior to other carriers IF YOU ARE MOVING. CPM is near apples to apples but ODFL leads the this market. As soon as you stop moving, which happens more than drivers on here will admit, you're the lowest paid in the LTL market. Breakdown pay is a slap in the face, waiting on loads-nada, forced to take a 30 min break that is not a requirement-unpaid, have to roll up to the shop on a pre/post-nada, just a few situations where they show you that OD "family" spirit.

Hell driver this log in too complicated for an old driver like me took some minutes to remember everything,, my mowing business only reason truckingboards is successful so I finally back to give this page the life it needs..,
Come on now Billo. You pulling our leg? Or pulling that other thing?

Hourly wage for ODFL in the PNW is 31.53/hr. with no overtime until 60 hours.
Hourly wage for XPO in PNW is 30.10/hr. with overtime over 8.

Medical-weekly expenses for a single individual is less at ODFL. Weekly premiums are lower at XPO to insure a family of 4. People that work for ODFL are brainwashed or drink the cool-aid, a general observation is ODFL does not hire many employees from other LTL carriers in the PNW.

Most workers if you were to go down the roster do not have prior LTL experience from a competing national carrier to compare and contrast ODFL against. This creates an illusion that ODFL is the superior carrier but this is a baseless viewpoint.

With regards to Linehaul- ODFL is superior to other carriers IF YOU ARE MOVING. CPM is near apples to apples but ODFL leads the this market. As soon as you stop moving, which happens more than drivers on here will admit, you're the lowest paid in the LTL market. Breakdown pay is a slap in the face, waiting on loads-nada, forced to take a 30 min break that is not a requirement-unpaid, have to roll up to the shop on a pre/post-nada, just a few situations where they show you that OD "family" spirit.
I beg to differ. My point is that I have a run that I don’t wait. I otherwise understand completely what you’re saying.

I beg to differ. My point is that I have a run that I don’t wait. I otherwise understand completely what you’re saying.
You beg to differ but understand completely? When your run is cut due to weather or eliminated for freight you go south on I5 ahead of the other scheduled runs-this needs to be addressed. There are many problems with this.

Another question I'd ask is, why is it that when that specific run gets cut you don't hop in a 2-axle (normal triples tractor) and pull 3 on a triples lane? I understand freight routing and the necessity to move but there have been numerous occasions that you have went south while another driver has completed your run on HWY 58...

Just more observations on how this company runs.

Your numbers r off about 30.00 after 3 years to top out

You beg to differ but understand completely? When your run is cut due to weather or eliminated for freight you go south on I5 ahead of the other scheduled runs-this needs to be addressed. There are many problems with this.

Another question I'd ask is, why is it that when that specific run gets cut you don't hop in a 2-axle (normal triples tractor) and pull 3 on a triples lane? I understand freight routing and the necessity to move but there have been numerous occasions that you have went south while another driver has completed your run on HWY 58...

Just more observations on how this company runs.
Welcome to the od way glad to have u onboard