Other News

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by SwampRatt, Sep 26, 2014.

1. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

johndeere4020 likes this.
  2. Mike432

Mike432 Well-Known Member

EVEN accidents that may deemed as NON preventable/Non chargeable,as well as warning tickets go down as full weight on the drivers record

3. SwampRatt

Here's one I'm not absolutely sure about: Do CSA points get added from events (namely tickets) in your personal vehicle? I know the infractions do go on your CDL in the form of points, but I don't think personal vehicle events count toward CSA points. Anyone know for sure?

Seems to me, the entire intent of the program (Compliance, Safety, Accountability), would make noncommercial events invalid as an indicator. "Indicators of future risk" is the whole basis for the program.

4. nakedmongoose1

nakedmongoose1 Member

I was always told the only way points go on your CSA is if they perform any kind of inspection in the semi. Personal vehicle stuff does not go on your CSA. If I'm wrong someone will correct me soon enough.

5. SwampRatt

FMCSA Offers App for Truck Safety Information

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter

"American Trucking Associations took umbrage with the announcement, calling it “recklessness cloaking itself as transparency.”

“It is wholly inappropriate for FMCSA to encourage and facilitate public access and use,” said ATA spokesman Sean McNally. "The agency should immediately pull this tool from the marketplace."

6. SwampRatt

Tighter medical regulations adding to driver shortage
    Sleep apnea fears compounding already growing issue.

http://www.businessexaminer.com/March-2015/Tighter-medical-regulations-adding-to-driver-shortage/

"“Now what’s happening is, if a doctor goes in, gives you a physical and says you meet these five requirements as a high risk for sleep apnea, you’re going to have to have a test,” he explained. “And if that test finds that you have sleep apnea, you’re going to have to wear and use a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine while you sleep at night. And there’s a little card that you’ll have to download information from so they can verify that you’re using it."

7. ButterCup9016

ButterCup9016 Member

Some machines are more sophisticated than that, mine included. They can download your information,through the equipment provider by request of the Dr who prescribed your equipment through wi-fi. I was told by the tech who came to the house to set it all up that they can, at anytime pull your info/compliance readings when they feel need. Just out of the thin air (pun intended) and they have their readings. There is also a back up SanDisk that records ,can be requested and used as a "manual" backup if needed. Not worried about it, Big Brother is everywhere nowadays but it has made me think about wearing "jammies" to bed incase this thing starts really recording my activities...also wearing oven mitts.

Not a big deal to stay compliant. Just use it, get used to it and about a week prior to your D.O.T physical request a download. They usually go back 30 days (but this thing records forever) and the printout goes to the medical hobby shop for the Doc to examine. Never had a problem. I even have a RealTree camo head harness to make it more intimidating to the Sandman. Beware though, constant and incredible dreams of being a fighter pilot can be overwhelming .

Big Dave and SwampRatt like this.
  8. SwampRatt

9. SwampRatt

10. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

I wanna see that thing do an inside delivery...in an office building....going up an elevator......

nas250 and SwampRatt like this.
  11. SwampRatt

12. SwampRatt

ATA Again Calls on FMCSA to Stop Posting Crash Info on Carrier

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter

"The goal of CSA should be “to identify the predictive value of crashes in the same way the agency does with violations,” ATA added. “Crashes that a commercial motor vehicle driver did not cause are not indicative of the motor carrier’s propensity to cause a future crash.”

13. The Point

The Point You get it or not!

14. SwampRatt

"Two major industry players — FedEx Corp. and C.H. Robinson Worldwide — recently completed deals that moved each company up in the 2015 Transport Topics Top 50 listing of the largest logistics companies in North America."

"Topping the Top 50 list is UPS Supply Chain Solutions, followed by J.B. Hunt Transport Services and Ryder Supply Chain Solutions"

15. SwampRatt

16. SwampRatt

17. SwampRatt

18. SwampRatt

19. SwampRatt

20. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED