FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navistar Recalls 3,952 ProStar Trucks

Navistar-ProStar-ES-MATS.jpg

Read more at: http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter

"a defect affecting power to the cab. The medium- and heavy-duty trucks were manufactured between June 11, 2013, and May 19, 2016"

Self-driving cars reach a fork in the road, and automakers take different routes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...deaba8-63d9-11e6-8b27-bb8ba39497a2_story.html

"Ford sided with the pioneering engineers at Google last week in announcing plans to introduce limited-use vehicles without traditional controls within five years. Some other major automakers — and virtually all of them are well along in their work on self-driving vehicles — say they will introduce automated elements one step at a time, until drivers accept that they no longer need to control their cars.

The different approaches are rooted in conflicting views of safety and what the public is willing to accept."

Traffic Deaths on the Rise as Distracted Drivers Roam the Roads

Read more at: http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base...the-Rise-as-Distracted-Drivers-Roam-the-Roads

"Drivers now are not just talking on cellphones — they're texting, using apps to follow directions, even playing Pokemon Go. Stopping this epidemic of distracted driving, safety advocates say, will take a societal shift to render such behavior socially unacceptable. But for now, experts warn, the problem is likely to get worse before it gets better."

Self-driving cars reach a fork in the road, and automakers take different routes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...deaba8-63d9-11e6-8b27-bb8ba39497a2_story.html

"Ford sided with the pioneering engineers at Google last week in announcing plans to introduce limited-use vehicles without traditional controls within five years. Some other major automakers — and virtually all of them are well along in their work on self-driving vehicles — say they will introduce automated elements one step at a time, until drivers accept that they no longer need to control their cars.

The different approaches are rooted in conflicting views of safety and what the public is willing to accept."
Good Day Mr. Swamp up here in my area (N.W. Ohio) they are going to start testing them on the Ohio Turnpike since it's 3 lanes wide each way and we paint the center lane strips longer and wider so the cars can track them better. I'm not smart enough to know how to post that article about it on here. ":nuff said stay safe and enjoy what's left of summer

Good Day Mr. Swamp up here in my area (N.W. Ohio) they are going to start testing them on the Ohio Turnpike since it's 3 lanes wide each way and we paint the center lane strips longer and wider so the cars can track them better. I'm not smart enough to know how to post that article about it on here. ":nuff said stay safe and enjoy what's left of summer

I heard that, I can't wait until the driverless car without controls has to get off the freeway because it's closed and run surface streets. Or the police turn them through the median, seems like we have a ways to go to me

Isn't Uber going to start in Pittsburgh

Drivers are key to maintenance success

http://fleetowner.com/maintenance/d...m=email&elq2=a96634b2b6b44428b8797828b5cda709

"Drivers will be more diligent in their inspections if they know that your shop is taking action on any problems they discover and report on their DVIRs. You need to have a system in place so that problems identified during pre- and post-trip inspections are taken care of before the truck goes back on the road.

Nothing is more frustrating to a driver than to have to repeatedly point out the same problem, or worse, have a roadside breakdown for a problem he noted on a DVIR."

http://fleetowner.com/maintenance/d...m=email&elq2=a96634b2b6b44428b8797828b5cda709

"Drivers will be more diligent in their inspections if they know that your shop is taking action on any problems they discover and report on their DVIRs. You need to have a system in place so that problems identified during pre- and post-trip inspections are taken care of before the truck goes back on the road.

Nothing is more frustrating to a driver than to have to repeatedly point out the same problem, or worse, have a roadside breakdown for a problem he noted on a DVIR."
Problem is when you turn a truck in 5,6,7,8 times for the same problem and ask they do in shop is clear out codes and put it back in service. Took 6 months to finally get them to get it to a vendor and finally get it fixed.

In all fairness to the shop. It's also true that we have a lot of drivers that don't know and don't care how to do a pre or post trip so if it's never written up it can't be fixed.

Well you can only write the same thing up for so many trips in a row before you give up.
I would use the chain of command till i got it fixed. I know in our shop the company won't get the hardware to check out the new tree hugger trucks, so they can only do so much with that. The guys on midnights at my barn are about the best if I have something wrong they will let me know how to go about getting it looked at. It also helps to buy them pizza once in awhile helps get my truck into and out of shop at service time,don't want to get into a spare unless i have to. But carhaul is a little different than ltl. "nuff said enjoy the long weekend

I would use the chain of command till i got it fixed. I know in our shop the company won't get the hardware to check out the new tree hugger trucks, so they can only do so much with that. The guys on midnights at my barn are about the best if I have something wrong they will let me know how to go about getting it looked at. It also helps to buy them pizza once in awhile helps get my truck into and out of shop at service time,don't want to get into a spare unless i have to. But carhaul is a little different than ltl. "nuff said enjoy the long weekend

What's a "tree hugger truck"?

Status
Not open for further replies.