Outdoor surveillance cameras/doorbells

Dwell Time

The Dude
Credits
If you have them, share your feedback. My current set up is useless. My doorbell would be wired and the cams would be battery powered. Thanks in advance.

I have an ADT alarm system for my home for when we're gone for days at a time. But for every day stuff
I bought a $30.00 baby monitor. I put the monitor into a waterproof container and mounted the
container onto the front overhang of our attached garage. The monitor plugs into an electrical outlet in the garage. The speaker of the baby monitor is in a bedroom also plugged into an electrical outlet.
When the baby monitor is turned on at night, you can hear what's going on all around the outside of our home.

Last edited:
I have an ADT alarm system for my home for when we're gone for days at a time. But for every day stuff
I bought a $30.00 baby monitor. I put the monitor into a waterproof container and mounted the
container onto the front overhang of our attached garage. The monitor plugs into an electrical outlet in the garage. The speaker of the baby monitor is in a bedroom also plugged into an electrical outlet.
When the baby monitor is turned on at night, you can hear what's going on all around the outside of our home.
i'd rather have a live camera.. for the next door hottie that peeps in my window so i can be prepared

It's almost a true necessity nowadays L138 .
Pretty sad fact of life . This is a great thread
as I said . There is so many out there to choose
from . The hard wire live with DVR stuff rocks ,
but many in our hood use Ring (you can see
who does just rolling through)

If I knew I was going to stay permanently in my home I would go wired no doubt! Right now I’m on the fence with ring or eufy. Eufy has built in solar panels on top of the cameras, luckily I live in a climate where sunshine is not an issue.
It's almost a true necessity nowadays L138 .
Pretty sad fact of life . This is a great thread
as I said . There is so many out there to choose
from . The hard wire live with DVR stuff rocks ,
but many in our hood use Ring (you can see
who does just rolling through)

If you don't need to look at them 24/7 and if you don't mind looking at the motion detection alerts on the phone these are very good cheap cameras. I have 2 and they are great, Solar Powered and will even charge on a cloudy day. My battery has never dropped below 80% for a day . If you are interested just order 1 and get the 10$ coupon then wait a few days and you will get another 10 dollar coupon to by another Only like 29 bucks with the coupon. Motion detection is about 30-40 ft it seems and very low false alarms 1080p

Wow!!!
You must live in one tough neighborhood if you have babies roaming around outside your home in the middle of the night!!!
:17142::17142::17142:

The PoE cam’s definitely seem the way to go for sure. If I knew I was going to stay put it would be very enticing.

Reolink is putting out some incredible cams for the average consumer but the setup and getting there is a lot more labor intensive. I don’t exactly trust myself drilling through my walls to wire it all up.

Anybody looking for more detailed reviews you need to hit you tube and check out the LifeHackster. I’ve yet to find anyone else that is more in depth and thorough as him.