FedEx Freight | overweight trailers

Yes..gate times are part of it..trlrs closed on time and some other numbers. Gates are very important..in ekc they like to fudge..alter..manually enter late gates before they become late...show you out on time ...then destination center wants to know why you are late because you showed out on time. WaaaLaaaa...you get the azz chewin and they made their gate :/

I was always told that if it is reported as overweight, even if only a pound, the company policy is to rework it to make it legal. And never follow the order, bump it hard to the dock if over in the nose. Had a dispatcher I was clerking for tell a driver that, and he did. Result was three long pipes busting through the door Not a pretty sight.
I was told to lean forward in the truck, or walk along side it to drop @ 200# off, every bit helps. Pinching a loaf before you go should shave off a few pounds.

I was in CRW one night and the handed me bills saying my lead was 12,000 and my rear was 6,000. When I hit the scale house in Bland, Va. my lead was overweight on the drives and on the trailer axle. not my ticket. not my fault. I cant remember the exact weight of the lead but it was nasty heavy when I pulled it.

I was told to lean forward in the truck, or walk along side it to drop @ 200# off, every bit helps. Pinching a loaf before you go should shave off a few pounds.

now that's funny...I had a colonostapy ( not sure if that's spelled rt but oh well ) I only lost 4 lbs. Sooooo contrary to popular belief I am not full of it...NA NA NA NA

Depends on the tractor you drive as well. I think the older KW's are heavier than the Volvo's and International's. A while back we had an issue where they had changed the weight on a bridge. I hadn't noticed it before when I ran down there as it isn't my bid run. I checked it on the return and told my CSM that with that weight we couldn't run that route any longer. He looked at me like a had two heads but told me some other drivers had mentioned it as well. It wasn't too long after that they changed the route. I was surprised they didn't try to argue the matter and tell us that they had already contacted the people in charge and they said to just run normal. I wasn't going to run it period. The weight had been dropped by 10 tons at least. Makes for a longer run and more money for us but I am sure if they ever get it corrected we will be back running the skinny road once again.

If you have an overweight trailer why not just go around the scale if its not too big a deal.
Signed Mr. Obvious

If you have an overweight trailer why not just go around the scale if its not too big a deal.
Signed Mr. Obvious
And if the DOT is sitting out on them side roads, like they do around here, you are guaranteed to get a thorough inspection.

Our scale is set to weigh three axles- steer drive and trailer- a city set up of course.. to weigh five seems to take forever and you must always back up to get your dolly weighed, every second counts when you have to make the gate.

I heard that the red shirts salary is based on the on time percentage of drivers making the gate- Is this true?
Oh NO!!!! B.S! I show up on my show ready to go... If Placards aren't flipped and I have a trailer that wasn't scaled gate time doesn't happen.....Especially now in this big yard.... We have and so do all of you meetings about doing it right... The Intermec is nice I just send my problems VIA (messages) to CLC and TOL...CYA!!!!