Yellow | Paid training at yrc

mud_cat

TB Lurker
Credits
i have to go and read the contract to be sure on the way this works. But, i am sure that i read that. in the new contract, people in cdl training get paid while in the training.

we have people here in atlanta, that signed up for the cdl class paid for by the state. that were told at the last minute that the class had been axed due to the company turning in the paper work late to the school.

i was told that while on the yard traing that we get paid for it. i have seen with my own eyes people from the dock training to get hostler qualified on their shift times. i told a coworker that comes in on his off days without getting paid for it. and when he tried to train they say every time we are to busey. even when they are giving cc on the dock.

now less than 30 days later there are holland drivers comming in for inerviews for driver positions now that the talks are over for the south atlanta terminal. also all cdl class are axed until further notice. ( to keep workers with out cdls from getting them)

now Holland is a part of yrc and i dont like any one being on layoff so im happy about the company opening up the door for those guys. but now it seems like that its getting closer to no cdl no work at yrc. so far we have been told that only cdl qualified drivers can bid on the south atlanta jobs when they open up.

this place is starting to be a place of chance- rolling the dice. no one knows one day to the next what will happen.

Hey Bro, at ABF in South Chicago when someone comes off the dock to train to be a "SPOTTER" they do it on their own time on their days off or before their shift starts. The only one that gets paid is the "SPOTTER" thats training that person. Thy will also let "CASUALS" come in on their own time to train but thats because if ABF is going to hire them they have to be spotter qualified to get hired.